Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am not using the correct term, please feel free to correct me. Does anyone else notice that the clutch tension or resistance on their 13 6 cyl Coupe can be rather stiff? Not sure if its just me or maybe getting old LOL

Highway driving, its no big deal, but those times I get caught in stop and go traffic, it really seems stiff. Can be tiresome

Maybe I should check the clutch fluid? I have had the car since July, still not time for 1st oil change, just at 50% it hasnt been back to the dealer yet. or maybe its just a characteristic of this clutch

Any comments appreciated,

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have that feeling too! I mostly feel it after driving for a while. It sorta feels like the clutch pedal is "rubbery"

I already took to Honda and they bled the system. The first time after being bled it felt awesome! But the feeling came back a few days later. I was thinking that the clutch slave cylinder might be the culprit so I wanted to try this mod:
http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879291

I haven't had a chance to do it yet though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting....
The extent of my technical skills are pushing the button to start the car and turn it off so this wont be something I will be trying. But I will raise it as a concern during my first service

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Man I'm jealous, at least your clutch pedal has some feel. The sedan's is super light to the point it bother's me.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Man I'm jealous, at least your clutch pedal has some feel. The sedan's is super light to the point it bother's me.
I would like a light clutch feel like I had on my 08 Si :dunno:
Having owned both, the V6 clutch is definitely a lot stronger than the i4 clutch. It's just the nature of the beast.
Really? Mmm that's interesting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 04 Coupe, 2.4L clutch was not as strong as this, neither was the clutch in my 98 Civic. Maybe it is a 6 cyl thing. The only time it really gets super irritating is in stop and go traffic and I dont drive in much of that.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Better not get a Corvette then, years ago I attended a high performance driving course using Corvettes, I was driving a CR-X at the time, I nearly put the CR-X clutch through the floor when I was driving home after the first day in the Corvette!!

OP, you may want to consider this:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts