Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.

I am anxious to pull the trigger on buying some speakers. I could use some help on which direction to go.

Since my 10th gen has tweeters, does that mean it has component speakers? Or does it have 2 way speakers AND tweeters?

I am definitely getting a bigger 8" free air sub for the deck, but stuck on the component vs coaxial debate. For anyone that has put a new sub in the deck, did you use a mounting adapter or drill new holes?

When I put the fader to the back(left or right), I can barely hear anything. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the speakers or if that's how it is. Can anyone check to see if they have the same issue?

I should mention I have the supposed premium audio model. All in all, I want to replace everything except the dash speaker.:nerd

I have some old kicker 6x9 coaxials laying around. Would these fit in the deck without any modification? Probably not, had to ask.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey folks.

I am anxious to pull the trigger on buying some speakers. I could use some help on which direction to go.

Since my 10th gen has tweeters, does that mean it has component speakers? Or does it have 2 way speakers AND tweeters?

I am definitely getting a bigger 8" free air sub for the deck, but stuck on the component vs coaxial debate. For anyone that has put a new sub in the deck, did you use a mounting adapter or drill new holes?

When I put the fader to the back(left or right), I can barely hear anything. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the speakers or if that's how it is. Can anyone check to see if they have the same issue?

I should mention I have the supposed premium audio model. All in all, I want to replace everything except the dash speaker.:nerd

I have some old kicker 6x9 coaxials laying around. Would these fit in the deck without any modification? Probably not, had to ask.

Thanks for reading.
Plenty of threads in this section that cover all of this but to summarize:

You have mids and tweeters, 6.5" mid 1" tweeters. There is also the dash speaker, 3.5"
Other 8" subs should fit in the stock location without issue as long as they arent too tall to not clear the rear deck trim panel when replaced (sub with giant rolled surround or super high excursion)
The rears wont sound AS loud as the fronts, but should still be clearly audible, if you are getting next to nothing there may be an issue.
6x9"s are oval, they wont fit in the stock locations. Stock speakers are round.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I have now installed an 8" kicker sub(thanks brbruce0) and 2 old kicker 6.5 coaxials(that were laying around). The front now sounds really loud so I have the fader halfway back.
The sub sounds great, very balanced

I plan on replacing all speakers with 3 ohm speakers. Same impedance and it should hopefully sound better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts