Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done doing a valve adjustment and I got this code. I've checked all the hoses, there are no tears in the intake tube, and even redid everything by changing out the intake manifold gasket and cleaning the mating surfaces. When I let go of the gas, there's a slight bucking, with means it might be the IAC. On the V6, there are two hoses running to the IAC on the bottom of the throttle body and they both look fine. My only other option now is to replace the Honda plate gasket on top of the manifold. But besides that, do you guys have any ideas on what to look for? I've performed an idle relearn procedure as well. :)

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
The 2 hoses on the IAC are coolant lines. The computer has detected a condition that might indicate an intake air system leak.

Check for vacuum leaks at these parts

PCV Valve
PCV hose
Purge line
Throttle body
Intake manifold
Brake booster hose

If those all check ok
Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3000 rpm without load in park or neutral until the radiator fan comes on and let idle 1 minute.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone ever runs across this issue. I spent a lot of time looking over the hoses near the back of the engine and throttle body since a lot of them had to be removed during the valve adjustment process but everything was fine. I saw an oil leak near my dipstick and thought my valve cover gaskets were leaking even though I just changed them. Took off the plastic engine cover and my PCV valve was missing! The little sticker diagram under the hood threw me off because it was so small and I mistakenly thought the little hose next to the PCV valve was the valve itself. Simple fix. I took this change to replace it anyways as it's a wear item.

Thanks to greg1c for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts