Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know these two topics alone have been talked about until everyone is blue in the fingers, but how about the combination of the two. Please excuse me if this is an old topic as well.

So I bought my BC coilovers and HFP kit right around the same time. My BC’s came in first and I installed the next day. I have the HFP front (not installed) and currently waiting for the rest of the HFP kit to arrive. I’m starting to have second thoughts about installing now. I currently have my BC’s set to the lowering height out of the box, which isn’t really that low, maybe 2 inches MAX. I’m looking at the front bumper right now and it’s already pretty dam low without the HFP installed. I think the front will be my only problem, the rest of the car really isn’t that low and can probably handle the HFP sides and rear.

I guess my questions are anybody out there running both coilovers/springs with the full HFP kit installed? Are you scrapping the crap out of your front? I’m just not sure if I want to limit how low I go because I have a “body kit” installed. I guess another option would be to install everything EXCEPT the HFP front (which was my original plan because I hate the flat black around the fogs, but decided I would just get my body shop to match the PMM) IDK, just looking for people in the same boat as me and seeing what they think, or have done. Thanks :)

PS: Asking sedan guys with Mungen kit and coilovers also since I would think it’s just about the same scenario.

·
Internet
502 Posts
you dont scrape already? i have my teins on at what...2.2 front 2.4 rear and i scrape everywhere lol, if people ride in my car, the widest and shortest of speedbumps are even hell
a lipkit, probably adds another half inch or inch to your car on the bottom, so youre PROBABLY gonna scrape, most likely. if you dont already that is

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Your gotta be nuts if you don't complete the HFP kit all around. Theres a few Accords out there lowwwww with coilovers + HFP kits .....

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your gotta be nuts if you don't complete the HFP kit all around. Theres a few Accords out there lowwwww with coilovers + HFP kits .....
Haha, well I am crazy but…….yea I mean I’ll end up putting the whole kit on. Just wondering how bad their scrapping I guess :thumbsup:

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh the other thing I was thinking was…..would it help if I waited until spring when I get 19-20” wheels? Meaning would I scrape less since the larger wheel would bring me up more (if you get what I’m sayin lol)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
O ! your on stock 17" wheels .. DO IT!!!! :D

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
i had coils and HFP full lip kit just installed couple days picz in my build thread...if you install HFP lip kit will be same height w/ your stock front bumper and rear bumper ,the side will be 1 inch low or less...

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had coils and HFP full lip kit just installed couple days picz in my build thread...if you install HFP lip kit will be same height w/ your stock front bumper and rear bumper ,the side will be 1 inch low or less...
Really? Well if that’s the case that changes everything because the front is where I see a problem, not the sides.

I just figured the HFP would lower the body of the car about an inch all around :scratch:

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and coolblue, I took your advice and ordered up the progress 22mm RSB. Comes in next Tuesday, can’t wait…..thanx again :thmsup:

·
Sleeper
46 Posts
a bit of scrape...

Ive got the whole aero kit and am on H&R springs(1.5f & 1.3r) so the corners of the front lip scrape on some driveways/parking entrances, and steep street drains.. you have to drive differently, and Im still getting used to it, its not a major issue, but roads I used to fly down- now I have to go way slower, and that freaks me out still... This is a trade off... for incredible handling and a lower center roll point, not to mention coupled with a progress bar Im WAY faster in turns (canyons) and on good roads! Its been a week now and Im hoping I can learn to angle better & scrape less:p
(PS:First Full drift on canyon "in traffic" Monday...it was perfect but a little reckless...guess I need a day on the skidpad at willow.)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
This is where the mild drop of the HFP lets me drive normal, aside from pulling up to parking spaces w/ concrete bump stops ... and the trade off is not having that zero amount of fender gap or tucking my wheels.

I went with the PMM fog light surrounds about a month back.

I love the color matched, but at times I wonder about the black plastic surround--but to me, it would go much better if I had blackout the chrome on the car... some black/metallic rims and 5% instead of 30% tint. Some other black on the car, imho, would then match up with the black plastic surrounds.

I can get some better shots of the bumper if you want...but I really do like the flow, but I know folks will have mixed opinions on it as the black surrounds sort of emphasize the front bumper lip accessory.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Oh the other thing I was thinking was…..would it help if I waited until spring when I get 19-20” wheels? Meaning would I scrape less since the larger wheel would bring me up more (if you get what I’m sayin lol)
If you match up tire sizes correctly, the overall diameter of the wheel+tire should be pretty close to the same. It won't raise your height that much, if at all. That's if you want to maintain a more accurate odometer reading, that is.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You'll be fine :thmsup:

·
Vtahk didnt kick in
4,097 Posts
You will scrape. you will not scrape if you leave it at 4x4 on coilovers. I am going to make some aluminum guards next summer to put on the bottom of the HFP lip, so when you scrape on low dips it will not damage the bumper. i have a few scrapes already but cant be seen much

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts