Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 4cyl is on Eibach springs at the moment and I love the ride compared to stock, but I definitely plan on saving and getting coilovers probably next summer. I'm new to stuff like this and I'd love some suggestions on brands. I trust eibach's are good but they are super expensive compared to other ones so i was looking more at megan racing and D2. tein basics are really cheap too but i feel like at that price the quality might suffer. any suggestions or things i should look out for when deciding on a coilover kit?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah sry, i didnt find that. thanks a bunch

·
whataaa?!?
178 Posts
Yeah I stumbled upon that link last night and I spent ~2 hrs on it. Shit load of useful info.

Teins are pretty much the way to go. SS if you're looking for comfort. Basics if you can deal with the stiffness.

What part of LI are you from? OP

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can probably go basics, i dont mind stiff. i'm used to driving my friends cars and they are all slammed and stiff as a rock. i'm from bethpage in the 516

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah dude, i got friends in westbury, thats like 10 min away

·
whataaa?!?
178 Posts
Pretty close to you in Westbury...
Dude, I live in Westbury as well. Right by the Cheesecake Factory.
i can probably go basics, i dont mind stiff. i'm used to driving my friends cars and they are all slammed and stiff as a rock. i'm from bethpage in the 516
I hear that. I had Ksports on my xB2 and the ride wasn't bad but it made me not want to drive into Manhattan or Queens. :/
thats what she said :D
dirty mouth!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wouldn't drive in nyc coils or not lol. im in queens for school (st johns) but thats only like 5 min off the highway. i wont have the money for them until next summer anyways so ill look around until then. thankfully i dont pay garage prices for installation at least so that'll take a large chunk of the cost out

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm on ebay coilover sleeves and Koni adjustable shocks. Ride just as, if not, BETTER than my friends 7th gen who is on Tein's. I'm not sure if they're the Basics, or SS, or whatnot. But the ride comfort is the same depending on the setting i leave it on. I too, was debating coilovers for a good period until someone pointed out that it's all about the shocks. Sleeves are just for height. Nothing wrong with spending about 500 bucks and riding better than $1,000 coilovers.

Just my 2 cents of course...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm on ebay coilover sleeves and Koni adjustable shocks. Ride just as, if not, BETTER than my friends 7th gen who is on Tein's. I'm not sure if they're the Basics, or SS, or whatnot. But the ride comfort is the same depending on the setting i leave it on. I too, was debating coilovers for a good period until someone pointed out that it's all about the shocks. Sleeves are just for height. Nothing wrong with spending about 500 bucks and riding better than $1,000 coilovers.

Just my 2 cents of course...
Correct, it's all about the shocks. I have koni yellows (sports) with ground control sleeves and I can tune the ride from comfort to vision bluring stiff with ease. Don't waste your money on tein crap. Get some konis.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts