Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had this on my "wish list" on the bottom of the list, but still considered it. Thanks for this! It has since been removed.

I couldn't stop watching this loony video, good stuff.

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,639 Posts
I bought one of these MANY years ago to try it out and prove or disprove. Put it on my H22A1 Prelude and dyno'd before and after. Low end, did improve about 1.2-1.3hp, that was up to about 3000 rpms, after that, I lost hp, about 1.4-1.6hp from about 4000rpm to redline. FORGET ABOUT IT.

·
Registered
804 Posts
most of that type stuff does nothing more but create a Placebo effect. you hear some more "noise" so you think POWER!! i remember years ago having my motorcycles on a dyno and seeing these guy come to the shop and throw any pipes on and expect monstrous gains.. then get pissed when they actually Lost power! of gains 1-4hp.. and the pipes were $700+ !! alot of the time it was because it wasnt a well balanced system.. they added just pipes and nothing else.. but the increased noise made the believe that gained all this insane Horsepower.. lol

·
Banned
546 Posts
absolutely. it separates money from your wallet and time from out of your day just by purchasing it. then, it takes more time out of your day to install it. this is how it makes a difference.
Haha, I love this response!

·
Registered
25 Posts
When i bought my accord i noticed it didnt feel quite right, like the air filter was clogged. Opened it up and filter was clean but found of of these pieces of crap in the intake!

Threw it in the garbage and the sluggish feeling went away.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Once intake air reaches a high CFM value it cant keep up and becomes a restriction.People see it in the store and think supercharger or turbo when they should really be thinking S***ER.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts