Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
if i were you, id spend at least 150-200 on a CAI, anything less wouldnt be really beneficial or cant guarantee the quality of it. But most people here have gotten a K&N brand or fujita; im thinking about getting a Injen. id take the $100 and put it elsewhere or save up some more :)

i also dont know why the link you posted is for 03-06 only, thats odd because 07 should be the same still...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i were you, id spend at least 150-200 on a CAI, anything less wouldnt be really beneficial or cant guarantee the quality of it. But most people here have gotten a K&N brand or fujita; im thinking about getting a Injen. id take the $100 and put it elsewhere or save up some more :)

i also dont know why the link you posted is for 03-06 only, thats odd because 07 should be the same still...
I understand, I just more than likely won't have the spare money again like I do now.

And I posted it because I was trying to find out if anything would be different?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-ACCOR...iter_Display:2.4L&hash=item5d414cad3f&vxp=mtr

^ This I found that is said to work with the 4cyl even though in the title it says v6. Watcha think?

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah i feel you, im low on money so im doing simple mods like HIDs headlights, LED interiors, rear sway bar, ...oil change. hahaha honestly i dont know much about that brand, i guess if you do buy it, you should write a review. im sure itll fit though, but either ask the person installing it (unless it's you) or wait til a more experienced and knowledgeable member on DA replies :) best of luck!

·
Registered
385 Posts
dont listen to these guys, that one will work fine, and will fit your model. usually ebay sellers just mispost something like the years. That one is a great deal as well

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy the correct year & item for your car. There is a difference between the MAF or MAP sensors and their location between some of the years for the I4. Most 05-07 have a MAF sensor located where your intake will have to provide for them and most 03-05 have a MAP sensor located elsewhere.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
I have a 2007 Honda Accord Ex 2.4l 4 Cylinder

I was thinking about getting this -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/201025985844?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 <-

Then I realized it is for 03-06. Does anyone know why that is?:)
It says right in the listing under FITMENT ;
03-06 Honda Accord 4 Cyl Without MAF Sensor Only
**Does Not Fit With V6 or With MAF Sensor Models**

check out he classifieds forum here. there are usually people dumping their cai's because they realize it just makes more noise and doesn't filter as good. be patient and i'm sure you can grab a killer deal.
That's how I got mine - scooped it off a member doing a "part out" returning his car to stock before a trade-in. The site classified section is a treasure trove of parts at times.

If youre going to buy that intake system do yourself a favor and buy a quality filter from injen, fujita, k&n etc..
Solid advice right there, some members will be glad to show you the test charts showing bigger free flowing filters let more dirt get in (strange I know), so the best defence to that is a quality free flowing filter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
the link, just get yourself a k&n filter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i recommend the first choice sorry, and the k&n filter is a higher quality filter, less dirt is going to get through but still the greater amount of airflow

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
i recommend the first choice sorry, and the k&n filter is a higher quality filter, less dirt is going to get through but still the greater amount of airflow
You need to do some research on this. I believe K&N allowed the most particles to pass through when tested against other aftermarket brands and an OEM style paper filter. It's been proven time and again that paper filters are the best blend of performance, cleanliness and water resistance (check the offroad community). There is a graph I've seen posted a bunch of times that someone will dig up and post showing airflow and particulate matter passed through.

Intakes are great if you want sound on these cars, not for performance. Personally I went with an aFe drop in dry filter so I can wash it a couple times a year.

Edit: Instead of a chart with no background information being posted up, let me link the whole article for you. Props to Nicoclub.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

·
Registered
385 Posts
thats a ram intake. not cold air and that test is not using the cone filter. only th stock one.

·
Roll Tide!
6,795 Posts
Intakes are great if you want sound on these cars, not for performance. Personally I went with an aFe drop in dry filter so I can wash it a couple times a year.
:thmsup:

Most people fail to understand that their oem box is a true "cai", and those aftermarket noise tubes with open filters sucking in air from the engine bay are not; I call them a true "hai" (hot air intake). Of course buying into all the marketing and interweb regurgitation hype, people install these things anyway but later notice their oil is black the next time they change it and don't understand why. Most of these "high flow" filters don't filter worth a shit.

I've never had an AFE filter, but I can personally vouch for the Amsoil EAA 232 as good drop-in filter.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,650 Posts
IMO you should save your money for more useful things, like maintenance. How old is your brake fluid? Power steering fluid? Coolant? Have you checked the brake pads lately? Have you checked the cabin filter lately? If you want to hear more sound from your engine, remove the resonator, and it will not cost you a dime. If you don't have money to waste, don't waste it on this crap.

·
Registered
385 Posts
our accords do not have a cai... it loops around and comes up behind the radiator...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts