Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my car has been sitting in cold temperatures, it will make a slight honking sound when I start it up. The sound is kind of hard to explain, its almost like the honking sound a cartoon car makes. Anyone had this happen to them?

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
Wiley Coyote?

·
08 Accord EX-L (I4)- 138K
23 Posts
Could be a sound the fox makes?

All joking aside. Can you duplicate the noise, record and post it for us to hear? It may help us solve your problem.

·
08 V6 EX-L Silver
3 Posts
I have an 08 accord exl v6 and i hear the same noise you are talking about. i noticed it when it was cold out but it seems to happen every time i start the engine now. i also hear an electric whine in the engine right after i shut it off. it almost sounds like a pump. not what that it either. if anyone could give me an idea of whats going on that would be great. bought the car with 42K now have 82K and starting to get nervous.

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
Perhaps the honk you hear might be a squeal from your serpentine/accessory belts. If that's the case, pop the hood, check it for cracks, tears, or any abnormal wear. If there isn't anything like that, then you should be able to adjust the tension in the belts back to spec and get rid of that noise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I call the Honda shop in my town they told me the V6 accords have a problem where air gets in the Power steering pump due to an O-ring my does the same thing on a 08 with 82xxx miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts