Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
61 - 80 of 148 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
So.

Driving this morning. The speedometer stopped working.

Eventually it threw a code.

P0500 - Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Looking online there is many different options. Anyone have some insight to this little issue?

Attachments

Discussion starter · #65 ·
SOoooo... apparently the clutch went out. :( .

Which is so stupid, Brakes plus did the clutch at 180k. Its now at 215k.

So I took it back to Brakes Plus, they wouldn't do anything for me, so I had a friend tow it to an independent shop. They are looking at it today.

Either way, it looks like its going to be $1,000. Ugh.

Attachments

Did the clutch work come with a warranty or anything? If so, fight them for it or take it to small claims court to get your money back on what this indy shop is going to be charging you.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
Long Story Short.

It wasn't the clutch, it was the clutch master cylinder that had snapped off the firewall. A Local honda expert shop bolted the cylinder back onto the firewall, and we're back up and running!

Cost was only $250.

I'm glad I didn't go with the original shop who was going to charge me $1,200 to do the clutch again. whew.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Something else followed me home today.

1990. F-150. 4.9L i6. Manual. 200k

Family owned. At some point it was repainted and the interior was done.

Picked it up for $1,650.

Picture.

Just seems like I constantly need a truck in my daily life, so i'm excited.

Gets all of 14mpg. Which is actually better than I thought it would do.
Thats a clean truck. Any plans on a build for it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Recharged the AC and got that working nice.
Since it's a 1990, was it converted to R-134a or do you have a secret stash of R-12? :)

I had a couple of cases of R-12 for years after it was discontinued that came in handy for a 1993 Cougar in 2000. The rest of the cans eventually rusted and burst. I have enough R-134a to last the rest of my life. :)

That's a nice looking truck! I love the late 80's - early 90's style F-Series trucks :).

If you can, put in a Coyote 5.0 engine in it and make it rip! :D

Discussion starter · #75 ·
Since it's a 1990, was it converted to R-134a or do you have a secret stash of R-12? :)

I had a couple of cases of R-12 for years after it was discontinued that came in handy for a 1993 Cougar in 2000. The rest of the cans eventually rusted and burst. I have enough R-134a to last the rest of my life. :)
Previous owner converted it. :smile

That's a nice looking truck! I love the late 80's - early 90's style F-Series trucks :).

If you can, put in a Coyote 5.0 engine in it and make it rip! :D
Thanks man.

It'll always have the 300 6. One of the best motors Ford ever made.

I can't deny that about the engine!

Annnnddd once again it leaves me stranded.

The heater Hose blew and coolant quickly came gushing out.

How annoying.

Let me guess.. the heater hose under the distributor? If so, it is likely the internal oring on the distributor is leaking oil onto the hose which causes it to swell, weaken, then finally blow out..

You might want to replace the distributor with the hose.

Hoses are cheap to replace at least. If you have coolant already, that'll save you $10 - $15.

Discussion starter · #80 ·
yeah it only cost me $25 plus a uber ride or two. But it was just annoying.

The hose was actually rubbing up against something in the engine bay so it exploded in the middle.

61 - 80 of 148 Posts