Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
07 6-6 sedan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pricing out complete (pre-loaded) front strut assemblies and noticed that Honda sells them but the right assembly is much more expensive than the left assembly. If you click the link below the assemblies are #2 and #3.

Is there a reason for the huge price difference between the right and the left?

Does anyone have experience with other sets of pre-loaded strut assemblies? I did a search and saw that a few people used assemblies from a generic brand but I am not sure I want to go down that route.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+SHOCK+ABSORBER

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Strange thing is if you select automatic transmission, the part is $145.24

Only thing that changes is the spring part #

Difference in weight between auto vs manual is about 60 lb

·
07 6-6 sedan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange thing is if you select automatic transmission, the part is $145.24

Only thing that changes is the spring part #

Difference in weight between auto vs manual is about 60 lb
I don't understand that. Could it be a mistake? The dealer I contacted insisted the prices listed were correct.

If you look at the complete strut assemblies for the V6 they are only $110 for each side! I don't mind a few bucks more but more than double is outrageous especially when there is no discernable difference between the two sides.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Is there a difference between the auto and manual trans strut assemblies? The manual ones are considerably cheaper; would they fit an auto trans car?

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
In the aftermarket they only make one strut for V6 & I4, and springs only come in V6 or I4 variant. I don't see factory OEM making different springs between auto & manual.

·
Registered
575 Posts
In the aftermarket they only make one strut for V6 & I4, and springs only come in V6 or I4 variant. I don't see factory OEM making different springs between auto & manual.
I can't imagine the fitment being any different since the control arms, etc are identical between manual and auto trans cars. But upon closer inspection, it seems like Honda did use different springs for the auto and manual cars.

The part # for the shock absorber is the same between auto/manual cars, but the springs (and thus strut assemblies) have different part #s.

I do wonder how much the difference actually is, though. If it's a very small difference, then it would probably be fine to use strut assemblies from a manual trans car on an auto car.

I4 Manual:

51601-SDA-A21 $117.99
51602-SDA-A22 $144.11

I4 Auto:
51601-SDA-A31 $154.14
51602-SDA-A32 $144.60

·
Honda Lover
33 Posts
The original springs on my 05 EXL 4dr 4 cylinder, one spring has one more coil. I'm not sure which one is which. That's a big price difference though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts