Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never done anything with cars in my life and this is my first car. It was my dad's but he gave it to me. I've been looking for a guide on how to replace them that will teach me like the baby I am. All the YouTube videos that cover what I'm looking for are shoddy and hard to understand. I have a small understanding of how to pop my door cover and get to the speakers but the wiring of the speakers is what stumps me.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,914 Posts
Call up Crutchfield. They'll provide you with all the step-by-step instructions necessary when you buy from them. And if you get stuck somewhere, you can call them up for free lifetime tech support too.

·
Rollin in FL
1,117 Posts
IICR, there are two small metal pins that connect the wiring to the speakers. Crutchfield does send you an adapter for the speakers you buy, which is a 6.5 in speaker. Its basically plug and play. If still confused, Crutchfield does have a step by step article.

Here is the link:
Www.Crutchfield.com/S-K8sGF4Uk2mo/learn/1998-02-honda-accord-sedan.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Good thing with driving a common cars like Hongdu and Toytoma, parts are everywhere and cheap. You can get not only the wiring adapter, but even the bracket that will help mount the new speaker to the door. It is possible to complete the installation without soldering or fabricating anything.

One thing to pay attention is to disassemble the door without breaking anything. This is where youtube videos are helpful. You can learn from other people's mistakes, know where the tabs are, know where to exert force and in which direction.

Just please do not post your own video that goes "ok guys, this is the first time I'm doing this so wish me luck. <camera shakes and briefly points to an irrelevant object> but first, let's take a moment to say thanks to our sponsors." <breathing, more shake, point camera to the sun for temporary blackout, drop the camera, camera rolls on the ground while recording loud noises> 16 minutes into the video, after having learned your life story, and the decisions you made that led you to this point, and after having sat through 4 commercials, finally run out of patience and get up to take a walk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts