Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I am wondering what options we have for 2003 4cyl tuning?

The types of products I am used to are MAF adjusters like the Apexi SAFC and other piggyback systems. Do we have the option of tuning through the OBD2 port? Can someone list our options and related pros/cons.

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody tune their Accords?

·
Registered
43 Posts
sorry man, I don't know. I think I've seen a few piggyback chips around the net, but I never saw anyone around here who said anything about chips, so I never got around to getting a one :/ I really want one, and I would like to know the answer to this question too lol

·
06 6MT Sedan
898 Posts
sorry man, I don't know. I think I've seen a few piggyback chips around the net, but I never saw anyone around here who said anything about chips, so I never got around to getting a one :/ I really want one, and I would like to know the answer to this question too lol
You guys are are on the wrong website for questions like these. Most folks on here are only interested in simple bolt on mods. Once you start looking for ways to modify the car's electronic management systems, you will have to look elsewhere. I suggest you try : http://elitecm.net/forums/

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are are on the wrong website for questions like these. Most folks on here are only interested in simple bolt on mods. Once you start looking for ways to modify the car's electronic management systems, you will have to look elsewhere. I suggest you try : http://elitecm.net/forums/
Thank You VERY much. This forum looks way more oriented towards tuners.:notworthy

·
Registered
35 Posts
asian market has 2 batch of accord. mine is the 1st batch 2.4 non face lift type. for the face lift type, it claim to increase 10hp with the same k24a engine. so i happen to know a fren working in honda, and he say he can flash my ecu to the latest version used on the face lift model to have the same 10hp extra. so i did but i didn't notice the difference... :dunno: maybe u can try ask around whether this is true or not..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
asian market has 2 batch of accord. mine is the 1st batch 2.4 non face lift type. for the face lift type, it claim to increase 10hp with the same k24a engine. so i happen to know a fren working in honda, and he say he can flash my ecu to the latest version used on the face lift model to have the same 10hp extra. so i did but i didn't notice the difference... :dunno: maybe u can try ask around whether this is true or not..

Hmmm. I am not quite sure about the asian market accord???? :dunno: But I can tell you that the 03-05 US Accords had the K24A4 (160HP 161TQ) and the 06-08 Accords had the K24A8(166HP 160TQ). The difference, performance wise, between the two was a whopping 6HP. You should feel no difference between the OEM Reflash (if any). Hopefully, you didnt pay for it.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Hmmm. I am not quite sure about the asian market accord???? :dunno: But I can tell you that the 03-05 US Accords had the K24A4 (160HP 161TQ) and the 06-08 Accords had the K24A8(166HP 160TQ). The difference, performance wise, between the two was a whopping 6HP. You should feel no difference between the OEM Reflash (if any). Hopefully, you didnt pay for it.
Not necessarily. The 03-05 Accords were rated under the older SAE rating's so their 160 hp rating is more like 155 hp while the 06-07's were rated under the new SAE ratings which were closer to the actual hp numbers. Which would put it in line with the 10 hp (improvement) claim Honda made when the 06's came out. :thmsup:

What your friend said was probably true, but like SteveK24 said, your not going to feel a 10 hp improvement on the butt dyno, especially when the hp gained is on the upper end of the tach.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not to mention 10 crank hp is closer to 5 at the wheels, if that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts