Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Concerning Fuel Trims for a sub 30k mi vehicle

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dergderg 
#1 ·
2018 Accord 2.0t 10spd 26k miles..
The other day my car threw an error on all systems. Transmission, acc,tpms, etc. I stopped the car and restarted it and there was no issue. Took it to Honda and they test drove it for 16 miles (attained a spectacular 17mpg), and said there was no issue. So after I took it in, I plugged an old scan tool in and went for a drive to check everything out because I'm the curious sort, and noticed the fuel trims looked odd compared to other cars I've seen. I took a trip measurement and then I got home and did a more controlled test on a warmed engine. Only issue I've noticed is that the car tends to idle a little rough and that sometimes it feels like the car is shuddering or hesitating under heavy load. But believe I'm also having 10spd transmission issues IMO.

My LTFT was around -7, and my STFT fluctuated around -5. I've been told this should be no greater than -10 combined. I've attached an a few images

I also have every other sensor, fuel rail psi, evap psi, map, maf, etc.

What do you guys think? Am I nitpicking, or is this a valid concern sub 30k miles. Maybe this could be a bigger issue down the road? My car is a CPO for the next few years.

Here is a longer test from some time ago after purchasing.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.