Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Accord a few months ago and after the first snowfall and cold I notice this. I took it to the dealer and they said to keep an eye on it, Honda doesn't view this as "warranty" work because the bulbs in the light assembly will warm and evaporate any water. Only issue is these are LED and the heat produced is little to none.

Has anyone else seen this on their car?

Driver:

Passanger:

·
Stock Pssh...Yeah right!
301 Posts
not normal at all..take it to another dealer and tell them your concerned about mildew buildup inside the lens. make sure you take it with condensation and not dried up. Also make sure your bulbs are seated correctly with the original bulbs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see a little on my sport put not like that just on the outer edges. I will take a picture after my next wash.

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
I was just getting ready to post this same exact thing with my tail lights. Noticed it after driving in the rain and when I parked in the garage I happened to glance at the tail light and it looked slightly fogged up like OP's 2nd picture. I came in the house, pooped the dog then went out with my camera only to find it was completely gone. It will however over time put a permanent cloudy appearance on the lense just as a double pane window with repeated moisture will.:thumbsdow. I just dread the thought of them jacking with the tail light assembly only to have it re-installed incorrectly & ending up with chipped paint as so many others have around tail light.

·
Home of the Hunters
75 Posts
I noticed a little on my car this evening after the temperature dropped. But if mine looked like yours I'd take it in.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
our first accord hybrid came in with condensation in housing - kinda sucks.

on a different note the hybrid is far > the cvt 4 cylinder in every respect.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Ya'lz crazy, totally normal.

SITUATION:
HEADLAMPS HAVE CONDENSATION FORMING INTERNALLY
NOTE: Normal condensation is a natural process. Headlamps are vented to alleviate
changes in pressure. Atmospheric air contains water vapor or humidity. When this air
enters the headlamp through the vents there is a possibility that condensation can
occur if the temperature is cold enough. When normal condensation occurs, a thin film
of mist can form on the inside surface of the plastic lens. The thin mist will clear and
exit through the vents during normal operation.
Internal "misting" is generally caused by natural condensation and can be expected under
certain atmospheric conditions. Vehicles that have been recently washed, may have had
water forced into the headlamp via the headlamp vents, resulting in condensation forming
inside the headlamps. Water may also migrate in to the headlamp assembly following bulb
replacement.

·
Registered
485 Posts
lots of cars do this.

the problem you want to watch out for are water stains.

since your bumper to bumper warranty doesn't expire for a while, wait a while, in case they should have an upgraded tail light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just came on here to post about this happening to my taillights as well. I don't have as much water as you but it is still frustrating. Did you check with another dealer?

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
My passenger side foglight is fogging up now too. FVCK Honda!

My 1990 Accord didn't have this problem EVAR!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine does that too from car wash and cold weather.. if honda refuse to fix it can't we go to corporate? I don't think its our responsibility to go from one dealer to another waiting for one to fix it.. I only have 3k miles.. 2 month old

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Ya'lz crazy, totally normal.

SITUATION:
HEADLAMPS HAVE CONDENSATION FORMING INTERNALLY
NOTE: Normal condensation is a natural process. Headlamps are vented to alleviate
changes in pressure. Atmospheric air contains water vapor or humidity. When this air
enters the headlamp through the vents there is a possibility that condensation can
occur if the temperature is cold enough. When normal condensation occurs, a thin film
of mist can form on the inside surface of the plastic lens. The thin mist will clear and
exit through the vents during normal operation.
Internal "misting" is generally caused by natural condensation and can be expected under
certain atmospheric conditions. Vehicles that have been recently washed, may have had
water forced into the headlamp via the headlamp vents, resulting in condensation forming
inside the headlamps. Water may also migrate in to the headlamp assembly following bulb
replacement.
Just curious...can I ask where you got this from? Does it apply specifically to Honda vehicles or to any car? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I get this a little bit on my tail lights after I wash my car. I hope there really are vents that are causing this and it's all by design. It does go away after a bit and doesn't seem to be leaving any stains behind (yet)...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Condensation In All My Lights!

I have the same issue. I have a 2014 accord sedan bought in june/july of 2014. I have condensation in the headlights, fog lights and taillights. This is not acceptable. I only have about 6200 miles on this car as of 1-3-16. I noticed this going on in December of 2014 when we went to IL just north of St. Louis about 40 miles. I was really cold but it has continued to do this really no matter what the weather and actually the condensation has only increased. Early morning is the worst and so much that the water/condensation is running/dripping down on the inside. And now I have just read a thread about the lights chipping the paint around edges where the lights meet the fenders so now I guess I have another issue. I have noticed on the drives side front headlight, that there is a paint chip where the light fixture meets the fender. Reading these other threads they are stating that Honda Knows that this is a problem and has actually issued a service bulletin for the chipping paint issue. Ain't no body got time for this crap. This is my first Honda and I'm not impressed. I've owned Toyota's up until now, so this sorta puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts