Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

So I just bought a 04 Accord LX. After a lot of research I understand I can install adapters that will give me an AUX input. But these adapters can be quite pricy.

I wanted to know if I can install a new stereo (pioneer,sony etc), and connect it to the CD Changer input, the same way the adapters connect. I don't want to remove any original factory radio plugs and I want it to function as is. But can I install a 2nd stereo and have it function when in the AUX mode in the factory stereo just like an adapter would work?

Any advice is appreciated.
I just want a system that has bluetooth, aux input, usb input and charging, and if possible display text on the stereo, and I can't seem to find a adapter that would give me all that.

Thanks in advance.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
I think I paid around $100 for my Dice Duo ipod adapter. My dad just bought the same unit(rebranded since Dice was bought by Emerson) for his LS430 and we are going to install it tomorrow.

I like the unit, but all it does is control the ipod and charge it. I believe they have USB/3.5mm input versions if you are not using a 30 pin ipod.

It depends what head unit you have as to whether it will display text. Your factory radio must have a satellite button to display text as far as I recall. Mine does not, however I don't really care to see the text. I leave my 160gig ipod classic on shuffle in my console and just hit Next if I don't like a song. Steering wheel and head unit controls work for the ipod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts