Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2015 exl awd CT, I may be of the minority who think it looks great. my wife and I own a pilot and love it, but I want something more of a sedan for myself but still want awd, so the CT sounds like a great fit. Test drove one yesterday and liked it. My concern is that the 2013 models have reported to have oil ring issues and previous models had trans issues, anyone know of these are resolved in the 2015? Additionally, it's based on a Accord, but is the awd completely unique to this vehicle or more likely is it a repackaging of crv or pilot transmission? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Mechanically the CT is the same as other Hondas so they should have no more or less mechanical problems. Oil rings and trannys are identical to other models. It's like saying a 1990 Taurus has engine problems while the Sable is much better: Same car.

I think I read that the CT is being discontinued because of poor sales. You'll google that of course, but if correct, consider this. If Honda can't sell them as new cars with 0% financing and incentives, who will you sell it to as a used orphan some day down the road? Even if it's demise is false, very poor sales are a fact. Kiss the legendary Honda resale goodbye. If you are a 10+ year keeper, then resale matters not.

Oh, btw, if you have adults getting in the rear, warn them to watch their heads because they will bang on the roof rail. Don't ask me how I know.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,577 Posts
The Crosstour was finally killed off by Honda. They always had poor sales figures and Acura killed off their version years ago, as their sales were even worse. Honda rebadged the car from Accord Crosstour to only Crosstour because poor sales were affecting the Accord sales. Keep that in mind because you would be buying a car no one really wanted, and resale value would plummet as Honda cannot even move them off their lot as new cars. The 2015 model is the final year. They were an overpriced joke. Yes, the AWD is unique to the Crosstour, but might be similar the CR-V AWD. Honda transmissions and V6 engines do not go well together. If you buy one of those last remaining Crosstours, then buy an extended warranty or ditch the car before the warranty expires. But be prepared to take a loss in resale value on a car that no one really liked. It was as popular as the Pontiac Aztek.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Buy used. This car loses half it's value before 20k miles. Great car, but way overpriced.

I agree its overpriced, but I haven't found your first statement to be true in my area at least.

Having known about poor sales for a while and then the more recent cancellation of the model, I figured now might be a good time to look into the CT, new or used. I've been disappointed with what I've seen price wise.

·
Built By Notorious
4 Posts
We purchased a 13 CT V6 FWD EX-L. we absolutely love it. We like not having a mainstream car that has mainstream Honda motor and quality. We came from a 07 Accord Hybrid V6. We mod our cars, as I am a performance shop owner. It has great power, technology, spacious, rides great even after a 4 plus inch drop. Overall we are pleased with it! It will be around for the long haul. As our Hybrid was. We bought it new in 07 and just traded her in at 207k. We got our CT 30k miles for 22k with a 6500 trade in for being a Honda loyal.
Here is our CT now, a month after purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Honda failed to spend the advertising money necessary on this car and that was it's main downfall. In addition it was more expensive than and equivalent Accord.

Honda rebadged the car from Accord Crosstour to only Crosstour because poor sales were affecting the Accord sales. .
Not true. Car makers tie a new model to a current model name in order for the insurance companies to be able to price insurance similarly.

Used Crosstours are a real bargain, and you can easily get $ 6,000 off on a new one today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts