Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Honda remove the tray in the center console to accomodate the sliding armrest? :dunno: I saw it mentioned here a few times and what people put in it, so I checked quick in the dark and for the life of me do not see one or how it would be there. I have an 11 EXL Sedan..Thanks and Happy Holidays :banana:

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
i dont know if i remember correctly but there was a post on here that talked about what they removed in the refreshed accord models. I think the tray is one of them. :dunno:

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Yeah they just removed it as a way of cutting costs I guess. The presence (or lack thereof I should say) of the console tray has nothing to do with the sliding armrest. And happy holidays to you too bro, be safe!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Since I was dealing with the same dealer I bought my '08 from... they dealer scratched their heads when I inquired about why it was missing at the time of purchase of my current '10 and said, 'weird...we'll take care of that', and promptly ordered up the tray and the padding mat that sits at the bottom of the arm rest cubby (which was also missing). Had it in 2 days at parts counter for pickup.

Honda also removed the blue ambient light on the dome light / sunroof control area (for EX and EX-L trims I believe) ..it was a nice touch--gave off a slight blue hue around gear shift area on those pitch dark night... not missed too much...

The glove box light was also removed, at least in the 2010, prob so in the 2011.

Oh well, I'll take those trade-offs for the overwhelming increase in attention to fit, finish (paint, interior, assembly) that was very apparent upon delivery.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, they did remove it. I don't know why. I had purchased one (for like $3) for my '08 LX and I took it out before I returned it and got my '11. Good thing too, as my '11 didn't have one. Still, it's only a few dollar purchase. You'd figure when you spend over $30K for a car, they'd include a $3 part. Guess not. I did get a trunk liner though, wasn't expecting that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The arm rest slides :blush: OMG

I though it sat back a little too far. Thanks for pointing that out before my journey home for XMAS! 19 years since my last Accord so I'm still getting used to all the toys/gadgets/features cars come with these days!

·
Whatever
103 Posts
Yeah I just traded mine 08 I4 for an 11 V6 in today and when I was putting stuff noticed it did not have that sliding tray. Left a message for my salesrep.

Anyway if I had known I would have taken it out of the old one before trade in!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts