Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 LX stick with Continental Pro tires. Anybody else have the Conti Pros, and what's the proper way to rotate them? Owners manual shows how to do it on tires with and without "rotation marks." Not sure what that means. "Directional tread patterns..." Another mystery.

Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Look at the sidewall of your tires. If you see a label that says "<-<-ROTATION" then you have directional tread and they cannot be rotated from side to side, only front to back. But if you have stock tires, they are almost certainly not directional.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. They are stock tires.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm not familiar with those tires. If there's no rotational arrows on the tire then it's probably a symmetrical tire. Follow the rotation pattern in the owner's manual.

If the tire is directional, you can only rotate front to rear and rear to front (no cross rotation).

Directional tires are designed to be mounted such that it rotates in the direction the arrows point during normal operation. You usually find these on higher performance or summer only tires. If the tire is directional, you can only rotate front to rear and rear to front (no cross rotation).

You won't run into this on the accord, but there's also something called staggered arrangement. Rear tires are wider than fronts. Usually found on sports cars or high performance cars. With directional tires, there is no rotation at all.

My G uses an asymmetric staggered tire arrangement. There's an inside/outside, but the tires are not directional. I can rotate them left/right, but the fronts have to stay up front and rear in the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts