Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've scheduled to take it in next Monday. I asked the advisor to describe to me what they are going to do. He said they will dismount all of the tires, clean the area around the wheel seating, rotate them, over inflate them, possibly drive on them while they are over inflated, and finally deflate them to normal pressure.

I don't see how that will help. I'll post an update after they've done this.
Did it work ???

·
2017 Accord Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did it work ???
Funny that I haven't looked at this thread since my last post, until today, and noticed that your post was just around a month ago. I ended up going to two different dealerships to try to have the problem corrected and it never worked. The tires have ~32,500 miles on them now and the noise has been worse the past few months. I scheduled a service for this afternoon and told them that I wanted them to try with the tires again. The service advisor said that when the solution doesn't work, they have to look at replacing the tires. I thought, "sweet, they are finally going to stand by this issue and do the right thing." When I got there this afternoon, they provided me with price quotes for replacement tires. I let them know that if I'm buying new tires, it certainly won't be from them. They said my only other option at this point is to take it up with Continental.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny that I haven't looked at this thread since my last post, until today, and noticed that your post was just around a month ago. I ended up going to two different dealerships to try to have the problem corrected and it never worked. The tires have ~32,500 miles on them now and the noise has been worse the past few months. I scheduled a service for this afternoon and told them that I wanted them to try with the tires again. The service advisor said that when the solution doesn't work, they have to look at replacing the tires. I thought, "sweet, they are finally going to stand by this issue and do the right thing." When I got there this afternoon, they provided me with price quotes for replacement tires. I let them know that if I'm buying new tires, it certainly won't be from them. They said my only other option at this point is to take it up with Continental.

It wont work with Continental Company, tried that. My dealer who was great bought 3 of the tires I had to buy one. All Michellans. They said the problem was definately the Contimentals , had many complaints. Did I mention they replaced my transmission first not knowing what sound was ? Crazy . M y tires only had about 6500 miles on them so that may have had something to do with it. Good Luck !

·
2017 Accord Sport
12 Posts
It wont work with Continental Company, tried that. My dealer who was great bought 3 of the tires I had to buy one. All Michellans. They said the problem was definately the Contimentals , had many complaints. Did I mention they replaced my transmission first not knowing what sound was ? Crazy . M y tires only had about 6500 miles on them so that may have had something to do with it. Good Luck !
Edit: I got a response from Continental. They provided a document with their engineers' findings. In summary, they say: "This is a known issue and what is causing the noise is the rim not the tire."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Edit: I got a response from Continental. They provided a document with their engineers' findings. In summary, they say: "This is a known issue and what is causing the noise is the rim not the tire."

I got the exact same letter , this is not an uncommon problem with the 17's , we just bought another accord ( 2019 ) . They did not have Continentals on them . So much online about this very problem.

·
2017 Accord Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I got the exact same letter , this is not an uncommon problem with the 17's , we just bought another accord ( 2019 ) . They did not have Continentals on them . So much online about this very problem.
The bulletin they sent gives the opinion that changing tires will ultimately not eliminate the problem. I believe you said you got new tires...did the problem ever recur?

·
Registered
7 Posts
About a month ago we put 4 new Michellins on, so far do good. The dealer replaced them once befopre also but put Continemtas back on ( New ) . The problem returned after about 6000 miles if I remember correctly

·
2017 Accord Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
About a month ago we put 4 new Michellins on, so far do good. The dealer replaced them once befopre also but put Continemtas back on ( New ) . The problem returned after about 6000 miles if I remember correctly
It will be interesting to see. If Continental is correct, the noise will return at around the 7-10k mile mark.

·
Sealed with ceramic coat
142 Posts
Continental tires are not great.

The OEM Bridgestones were no better on my '17 Accord. The Potenza RE97AS tires deformed pretty quick. The tread wear was normal and even, but the rolling noise was bad before 5,000 miles and much worse when I discarded the tires at 18,000. I'm not alone in this opinion; consumer feedback from Tire Rack rates the RE97AS as one of the worst tires in its class.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts