Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed before - I did some searches and couldn't find anything. I just got a Honda Accord 2011 EX-L and love it. I hooked up my iPhone 5 (currently running iOS 7) through the USB outlet and wanted to listen to some music. So far it's been really glitchy... can someone help me out? Problems thus far:

* I cannot select songs via my iPhone screen. Normally, I touch a song and nothing happens - it just keeps playing the same song. Sometimes, though, I can change the song.

* Other times, after I plug it in, the car goes straight into the "Songs" folder and starts playing my songs in alphabetical order. I can change the song using the channel up/down on the wheel, but I can't change it to playlists, for instance. I will unplug my iPhone, select another song, have it playing, plug it in, and it goes back to the first song on my iPhone - so I can't select my music at all.

* No Dashboard controls?! I press the radio presets (1-6) and nothing happens. Is there really no way to get to a Playlist function? My aftermarket 07 iPod kit had this functionality for pete's sake...

Basically, is there a way to change songs or get to the playlists via the dashboard on my car? Why is my car's stereo behaving differently every time I plug in my iPhone?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry if this has been discussed before - I did some searches and couldn't find anything. I just got a Honda Accord 2011 EX-L and love it. I hooked up my iPhone 5 (currently running iOS 7) through the USB outlet and wanted to listen to some music. So far it's been really glitchy... can someone help me out? Problems thus far:

* I cannot select songs via my iPhone screen. Normally, I touch a song and nothing happens - it just keeps playing the same song. Sometimes, though, I can change the song.

* Other times, after I plug it in, the car goes straight into the "Songs" folder and starts playing my songs in alphabetical order. I can change the song using the channel up/down on the wheel, but I can't change it to playlists, for instance. I will unplug my iPhone, select another song, have it playing, plug it in, and it goes back to the first song on my iPhone - so I can't select my music at all.

* No Dashboard controls?! I press the radio presets (1-6) and nothing happens. Is there really no way to get to a Playlist function? My aftermarket 07 iPod kit had this functionality for pete's sake...

Basically, is there a way to change songs or get to the playlists via the dashboard on my car? Why is my car's stereo behaving differently every time I plug in my iPhone?
Refer to the "owners manual"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 ex-l, I use my 4s w/ iOS 7, the only problem I ever had is I have to unplug and replug once every 10 times or so, the iPad mini works too, but it says it's not charging but it does

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Try switching to the bluetooth source

1 - 5 of 5 Posts