Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Coolant leak in weird spot and just noticed it

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  drowned12 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I have a weird coolant leak in one of my intake hoses.. I did a quick under the good checkup which I used to do a lot but not so much anymore.. I often switch between my Takeda SRI and my stock air box and don't have all of the original connectors on so I think they are all of the originals. The clamps I lost and bought new ones and cut a hole in it in order for it to fit over the plastic ridge spike thingy.. Anyways the real story is there is a pin prick sized hole in this certain hose.. I need to find another one I guess.. I used a piece of electrical tape for now.. It only leaked coolant when I pinched it or moved the hose a little.it only spurted a little but I got tape on it as quick as I could and it spurts like blood being pressurized.. What should I do bring it in or just get this part if it even still exists? Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I'm going to assume you're talking about the thin hose that connects the block to the TB and feeds coolant. You can get hose clamps just about anywhere, and all auto parts stores will sell heater hose by the foot. Not sure which ID you need, probably 3/8".

#5 ·
That's the same thing I did with mine, New hose, new clamps problem solved. :thmsup:

#6 ·
Hi it's one of those tubes and it's smaller than 3/8.. I have a little Dilemma.. I purchased a hose that is smaller than it should be and fits on if I wiggle it over.. Will that constrain any air or coolant? Is it ok to use? (Including picture of the smaller coolant tube I just bought) also my coolant reservoir just became empty, I need to add more coolant right? I bought some red looking stuff people told me to buy from the Honda dealers and kept topping it off but I think that last time I had it serviced they put in blue coolant.. Not sure though could be wrong I'll check in the morning.. But is it ok to mix coolant colors or should I just bring this in?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
for the takeda i4 the two pipes are 5/8 hose @ 6'' L and 5/16 hose @ 7'' L

#8 ·
Use Type 2 coolant which is blue.

The coolant going to the TB isn't even really needed unless you live in a cold place where there's a chance the TB plate might freeze in position. So if it fits and doesn't leak then go with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.