Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 03 V6 Sedan. Son got into an accident this weekend. Not real experienced on the interstates he came up on some braked traffic and while trying to avoid it he clipped the front car in the rear qtr. and then sideswiped a semi trying to go around. Mostly metal work and the tires are a little askew. The passenger side bag went off.
20150613_202559_resized (2).jpg

·
HK Moderator
14,090 Posts
Sorry Don. He is OK, and as you know that is the most important thing.

But an airbag going off on an '03- yeah, it is probably done for. Which insurance company do you have?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Safeco

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
Sorry Don... airbag, metal work, paint and glass in an 03 is not a good sign... Keep us updated...

Very glad to hear the car did it's job and your son is OK.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny thing is...nobody was in that seat.
A smart airbag would have helped

Son is winging his way to basic training as I type

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
There's a new passenger airbag recall on these rigs. Maybe you can get it repaired cuz the damn thing is defective.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking the same thing

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Who let him go out alone on the interstate with no experience?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,459 Posts
Were any of the air bag lights on, before the accident happened? Did the passenger side air bag off light work like it should when the car is started? There could have been something amiss with the occupant detector in the passenger seat. Was there anything in the seat when it happened? If everything was working as it should, and there was nothing in the passenger seat, I would make at least a small effort to report the malfunction.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Were any of the air bag lights on, before the accident happened? Did the passenger side air bag off light work like it should when the car is started? There could have been something amiss with the occupant detector in the passenger seat. Was there anything in the seat when it happened? If everything was working as it should, and there was nothing in the passenger seat, I would make at least a small effort to report the malfunction.
The pass bag or sensor had been replaced once as about 3 years ago it would light up when no one was in it.
Since then I don't think there had been a problem... but the car was driven by my college age daughter in Savannah for the last 2 years

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Preliminary estimate 7600+

Totaled

Reactions: jimijam

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Was offered 3 and 4 hundred for salvage so I decided to place an ad in Craigslist.
Sold it the next day for 1K
After 12 years with us Ronda the Honda is no longer a family member.
But not forgotten

1 - 20 of 33 Posts