Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much additional clearance those of you with removed inner fenders have found? Getting ready to cracnk the coilovers down this weekend.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
The front fender liner? It doesn't matter if you remove it or not, if you remove it, sure you can go down further, but the fender liner is higher than your actual fender so, if you can't clear the fender, why bother going lower?

Besides if you remove that liner, you are removing you protection from water and road debris getting in your headlight wiring and the sorts.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
The front fender liner? It doesn't matter if you remove it or not, if you remove it, sure you can go down further, but the fender liner is higher than your actual fender so, if you can't clear the fender, why bother going lower?

Besides if you remove that liner, you are removing you protection from water and road debris getting in your headlight wiring and the sorts.
+1.

If you need more clearance which i'm pretty sure you wont.. Just Cut the Edges of the liner to give you more turning room

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good question. With my 45 offset I can have the tire 1/2" over the lip of the fender and still turn lock to lock. If your lock yours to the right or left you and have a similar offset will see what I mean. when you turn the wheel, the gap slightly increases. Having had a few bagged trucks, I'm used to no fender wells, but you are right, there certainly are disadvantages unless you fab something.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Trust me, you'll hit the fender before you hit the fender liner. I'm not really slammed but I barely rubbed my liner and fender which eventually rolled itself so it's not an issue anymore.

And like Jorge said, you can just trim it a little and still keep some protection, it's pretty cheap to replace that liner if you ever want to go back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point! I'll give that a shot

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
yea dont take it out... it exposes everything... unless u have something made for you to cover the front area i wouldnt do it... u can cut parts of the plastics out

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just trimmed the outer edge of the fender liner today and it gave me some room to work with when I lowered it some more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts