Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was installing my M3 roof spoiler I noticed this hole. I can't believe I have never seen it. :dunno: I don't have any custom electronics so I have no idea what this is or what it is used for.

Do you guys have the same issue? If not, I will bring it back to my dealer.

Thanks in advance for looking.

Attachments

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Yes, I believe it's normal. I have it on the back of my rear seats on the sedan.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I believe it's normal. I have it on the back of my rear seats on the sedan.
Ok..thanks. Weird why it is there. I don't see any purpose for it unless it is to release some type of air pressure inside the cabin..lol

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
I know there's a rear ANC mic back there, or something that's part of the ANC system, so that might be part of it.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
It's a mic for the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)

"the ANC system uses a mic in the cabin to "listen" for excess noise and specifically for the noise/vibration caused when VCM shuts off 3 cylinders on the hybrid. when it hears this sound, the system generates sound waves that are complete opposite of the unwanted sound to in effect cancel out the sound. this sound is played back by the head unit though the speakers."-VTECaddict

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hole in rear deck

I had one on my 2009 sedan and hane one on my 2010 EXL 3.5 Coupe.
So far I've seen it on every generation 8 I've checked.
Don't we have a Honda tech or two on this forum ?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Like Aramas and Driven said, it's where the rear ANC mic is located. It's not an issue, it's supposed to be there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Aramas, DrivenDreams and JoeMama for the clarification. It make sense now.

·
Hondaracer4vtec
670 Posts
6speeds dont have ANC......

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts
Ok..thanks. Weird why it is there. I don't see any purpose for it unless it is to release some type of air pressure inside the cabin..lol
I have it too. I think your correct, I remember reading somewhere that it's for the cabin pressure. These cars are sealed so well that they had to drill that hole there to release the pressure each time you shut the door so you wouldn't have to slam it. If that's true, the least they could've done was put it in a less conspicuious place.:dunno:

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
6speeds dont have ANC......
You are right, however these parts are mass produce. Even on LX model that don't have ANC there's still a hole, because it makes no sense for honda to drill a hole only on models that have ANC. The plasic panels are made using a cast, so honda has to make 2 cast, one model that have ANC and another one for models that don't just doesn't make financial sense.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are right, however these parts are mass produce. Even on LX model that don't have ANC there's still a hole, because it makes no sense for honda to drill a hole only on models that have ANC. The plasic panels are made using a cast, so honda has to make 2 cast, one model that have ANC and another one for models that don't just doesn't make financial sense.
I wonder if I can have my dealer to swap out that piece since I have a 6spd. I'll be asking them this weekend.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
I wonder if I can have my dealer to swap out that piece since I have a 6spd. I'll be asking them this weekend.

What do you want to swap out? lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do you want to swap out? lol
Sorry I misread your previous post. I was thinking there was two pieces, one with ANC and one without (no hole). I guess I will just live with it being there. Thanks....

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
Sorry I misread your previous post. I was thinking there was two pieces, one with ANC and one without (no hole). I guess I will just live with it being there. Thanks....
The hole doesn't bother anybody, but if you don't like just cover it with a small pin or something. But why go to such lengths just to get rid of a small hole? Nobody knows about it, they'll be busy admiring the car, the interior space and the bunch that V6 delivers :lmao:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I have it too. I think your correct, I remember reading somewhere that it's for the cabin pressure. These cars are sealed so well that they had to drill that hole there to release the pressure each time you shut the door so you wouldn't have to slam it. If that's true, the least they could've done was put it in a less conspicuious place.:dunno:
As has been said multiple times in this thread, it's the location of the rear ANC mic. It has nothing to do with relieving cabin pressure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As has been said multiple times in this thread, it's the location of the rear ANC mic. It has nothing to do with relieving cabin pressure.
lol our cars are not space ships!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts