Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a quick photoshop of what the coupe might look like without the rear chrome strip and the reflectors, as I know a lot of people don't seem to like it. I seem to be one of the few that don't mind it, but I figured I'd just like to see what it would look like without it. Thoughts?

Original:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ahhhh! The one and only thing I despise about the Coupe: those damn reflectors.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I like it just the way it comes from the factory. Without them the car looks cheap.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Just did a quick photoshop of what the coupe might look like without the rear chrome strip and the reflectors, as I know a lot of people don't seem to like it. I seem to be one of the few that don't mind it, but I figured I'd just like to see what it would look like without it. Thoughts?

Original:
Why would you want to remove or modify the look of the car? If you didn't like the way it looked why did you buy it? I have always thought that the rear of the 8th generation Accord coupes looked bulbous and too fat. I didn't buy one.

·
To me my board!
115 Posts

I don't give two squeezes for "safety reasons" but without the reflectors the back end looks odd, bulbous, fat, just... wrong. Although, I really do like the chrome strip but I would be fine without it.

·
Banned
694 Posts
Without reflectors, it just looks like a really facelifted 8th gen coupe.

What's with manufacturers making reflectors separate from the tail lights now, anyway?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I personally do like the reflectors and chrome strip, I just did this photoshop for fun. And technically there are reflectors in the taillights I believe, they are just more so facing the side of the car.

·
Registered
884 Posts
black out the strip with vinyl or PD and call it a day..see Husker's application on this..

and as to the "why did you buy it to change it?"

simple.... to make it more like I like it....
I was asked the same question about my custom short throw. Some people don't understand why we modify cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I was asked the same question about my custom short throw. Some people don't understand why we modify cars.
I can understand different wheels, different lights, stripes, spoilers and tint, but changing the entire rear end of the car. But, it's a free country and if you like the look, enjoy.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I can't imagine how much work it would take to modify the rear bumper that way. Not something I would want to do. Or pay for lol.

·
Elvira
3,963 Posts
Without reflectors, it just looks like a really facelifted 8th gen coupe.

What's with manufacturers making reflectors separate from the tail lights now, anyway?
LEDs have highly directional light dispersion so you can't combine LEDs with reflectors or the light output would be diminished greatly.
Check out any year cars rear tailight lens without leds and you will see reflectors built into the lens in line with the bulb to spread out light throughout lens.
The reflector prisms would still be red but the distance would diminish since light from inside the lens would NOT be dispersed every which way with leds. You would get a very bright hotspot directly behind the led. Thinking about it you would probably need very high lumen LEDs to overcome the diffraction.
Miker
Addendum
The LEDs would also need to be multidirectional to mimic an incandescent bulb. Read that as VERY EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't mind the chrome strip. I really hate the reflectors with a passion but it was the one and only thing I didn't like about the Accord. I wasn't going to to let a piece of shiny plastic deter me from buying the car. The other 99% of the car, I do love. That's why I bought it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.