Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now forced to keep the car out of the garage, and with heavy rainfall, the floor behind my driver's seat of my '03 Coupe had a PUDDLE of water. The car was sitting for 2 days, so it wasn't due to driving and collecting water somehow.

I had seen slight amount of water before, but always justified it somehow until now.

So I took it into the dealership. "Replaced Rocker Plug and resealed rear of floor pan". What is a rocker plug? I was thinking they would have to replace the door seal or something

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
osutx427 said:
What is a rocker plug?
It's a plug that goes in the rocker panel.

Why didn't you ask them BEFORE they replaced it? And have them show you what it is they replaced? Something to think about for next time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over the phone prior to fixing, they didn't talk about it being a rocker plug. So that's why I'm hoping someone can help explain how replacing a plug in the rocker panel prevents water from entering into the car, and why its necessary to reseal the rear of the floor pan

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Over the phone prior to fixing, they didn't talk about it being a rocker plug. So that's why I'm hoping someone can help explain how replacing a plug in the rocker panel prevents water from entering into the car, and why its necessary to reseal the rear of the floor pan
Because water can flow anywhere quickly, which is why there is a rubber seal around any opening to the vehicle, like the doors. So it seems water followed some channel and found its way into your interior through the rocker plug. They must have found something with the rear floor pan which required resealing as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have the exact problem in my 04 Sedan. Just the floor behind the driver seat. Can not find a leak anywhere. Did replacing those two things fixed the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts