Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My local dealership replaced the windshield under warranty from a mfg defect. After the replacement, I noticed some glare reflected onto the lower black trim of the windshield. I mainly notice the vin plate reflection. Was this always there or did they forget to put back some trim piece?

The other annoyance is whistling noise from the fan blower. Anyone else get this? The pitch of the whistling noise changes with fan speed. It's quite annoying.

Any help of feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
new engine, new lease on life
16,977 Posts
View attachment 518780
My local dealership replaced the windshield under warranty from a mfg defect. After the replacement, I noticed some glare reflected onto the lower black trim of the windshield. I mainly notice the vin plate reflection. Was this always there or did they forget to put back some trim piece?

The other annoyance is whistling noise from the fan blower. Anyone else get this? The pitch of the whistling noise changes with fan speed. It's quite annoying.

Any help of feedback is greatly appreciated.
I get a whistling from fan blower sometimes. Not always though.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
The glass was probably cleaner than your old windshield. The interior surface is meant to be pretty reflective for the collision avoidance system.

As for the whistling, perhaps your cabin air filter is clogged. Has it ever been replaced?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The glass was probably cleaner than your old windshield. The interior surface is meant to be pretty reflective for the collision avoidance system.

As for the whistling, perhaps your cabin air filter is clogged. Has it ever been replaced?
the old windshield was only 1 year old when it was replaced. Maybe there was reflection before that I didn't notice.

as for the cabin air filter, it was replaced a couple months ago when I replaced my trans fluid and engine oil. The whistling has been going on longer then that. I took it to the dealer, they could not find the noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts