Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
I purchased this from Autoanything.com
Price was around $50 shipped with the carry bag.
This by far is the nicest looking sunshade I've purchased. It is triple padded, thick and stiff. I opted for this one over the heatshield sunshade because I like the look of the covercraft much better than the wrinkle looking roll up type like the heatshield.

pop up:
HeatShield: https://www.heatshieldstore.com/
CoverCraft UVS100: http://www.covercraft.com/uvs100.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got mine not too long ago. I also like it, except for the sides not being completely covered. Considering how long I waited for it, about the same as you, I would have liked it to be a little bigger to cover the whole windshield.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Which one did you go with? theres so many options..

Flat or curved or convex? 270 or 300?

im thinking 270, but not sure on the flat curved or convex

Also did you get a chance to try the heatshield one yet?

I was debating which to buy, the heatshield or the covercraft.

·
Luv2Drum
119 Posts

If you like cumbersome and bulky get the covercraft, if you like lightweight with minimal effort get the heatshield.
Both serve their purpose very well. I have both....(just my .02 cents)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hows the fitment on the heatshield? i just want it to cover EVERYTHING lol. as best as possible. but i do like the sturdiness of the covercraft.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i've had covercraft with all my vehicles, inherited the trend from my parents who've had them in their cars since the 80's. it's large, bulky and a downright PITA, but it works oh so well, and the fitment is perfect (considering the rigidity and thickness)

·
Registered
265 Posts
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82277

The Covercraft shade is nice, but as mentioned, I feel the coverage is a little lacking. I also despise having to have the sun visors flipped down for support. I've had the heatshield type in the past, and never had an issue. Fit very snug, and just "pop" right into the windshield frame.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which one did you go with? theres so many options..

Flat or curved or convex? 270 or 300?

im thinking 270, but not sure on the flat curved or convex

I have the 240 flat version. It is basically the same size as stock, so you can still pull down your sunvisor without hitting the rear view mirror.

I have not tried it on. I like the looks and feel of the covercraft much better than the heatshield one. Best looking sunshade by far.

The Heatshield one is thinner and the plastic coating makes it feel cheap and noisy when rolling it. Also I just don't like the wrinkle look of the shade itself.
The Covercraft one is thick and sturdy but it does leave 1/2 inch gap on the sides.

Hows the fitment on the heatshield? i just want it to cover EVERYTHING lol. as best as possible. but i do like the sturdiness of the covercraft.
If you look at the video.. I show you exactly where the Covercraft lacks on fitment. It's not 100% perfect coverage.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have the 240 flat version. It is basically the same size as stock, so you can still pull down your sunvisor without hitting the rear view mirror.

I have not tried it on. I like the looks and feel of the covercraft much better than the heatshield one. Best looking sunshade by far.

The Heatshield one is thinner and the plastic coating makes it feel cheap and noisy when rolling it. Also I just don't like the wrinkle look of the shade itself.
The Covercraft one is thick and sturdy but it does leave 1/2 inch gap on the sides.

If you look at the video.. I show you exactly where the Covercraft lacks on fitment. It's not 100% perfect coverage.
Thanks, Do you think the 270 would hit the sun visors?

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
If you like cumbersome and bulky get the covercraft, if you like lightweight with minimal effort get the heatshield.
Both serve their purpose very well. I have both....(just my .02 cents)
I totally agree with you.

My wife bought the Covercraft for her Volt and she absolutely hates it. I went with a Heatshield for my Accord and have had no regrets. Now my wife wants to replace her Covercraft with a Heatshield for her car.

The Covercraft is a total PITA to install. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
296 Posts
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82277

The Covercraft shade is nice, but as mentioned, I feel the coverage is a little lacking. I also despise having to have the sun visors flipped down for support. I've had the heatshield type in the past, and never had an issue. Fit very snug, and just "pop" right into the windshield frame.
what visor does not need visors flipped down to support? i know some "pop" in, but have had them pop right back out... that's a crappy surprise when returning to your car on a hot day

·
1 of a Kind
322 Posts
The covercraft sunshade is highly recommended.

Other than the long 3-4 weeks wait for delivery, awesome product. :thmsup:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I got a heatshield, it does its job and fits well. While others may have issues with another manufacturer, the only issue I have is that it does not come in cool blue like my $15.00 AutoZone one for my Toyota.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got a heatshield, it does its job and fits well. While others may have issues with another manufacturer, the only issue I have is that it does not come in cool blue like my $15.00 AutoZone one for my Toyota.
Thanks, going to look for one today. Ill try several stores if they don't sell any, ill try amazon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts