Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happily present our CPO 2013 Accord EX. This car will serve as my wife's daily driver, so it is a CVT.

Her previous car was a 2004 VW Passat GLS 1.8T 4Motion. I am elated that it is gone - it drank 93 octane to the tune of 17mpg in the city, had to have a leaking gas tank replaced, and was nickle and dime-ing us with all the little stuff on it that was breaking or falling off. Three weeks ago, she was in an accident, and, to its credit, it kept her safe. Combined with 111K miles, the damage to it was enough to total it.

Her requests for a new ride was something that is more fuel efficient, a moon roof, cloth seats, and affordable for us to purchase. She has accused me of being Honda-Centric in the past, so I was pleased that, when I found this car, she agreed to go on a test drive. Amazingly, after the test drive, she really liked the car, and even said "it spoke" to her.

This Accord checks all her boxes, and most of mine. The cloth seats will not be so frigid as leather in winter and not burning hot during our humid Texas summers. I am amazed that is it actually fun to drive, and the fuel economy so far is truly impressive. I think we have used just half of the tank that the dealer gave us with our purchase.

One week in, we are both very pleased.:thmsup:

Attachments

·
Lactation Consultant
42 Posts
I happily present our CPO 2013 Accord EX. This car will serve as my wife's daily driver, so it is a CVT.

Her previous car was a 2004 VW Passat GLS 1.8T 4Motion. I am elated that it is gone - it drank 93 octane to the tune of 17mpg in the city, had to have a leaking gas tank replaced, and was nickle and dime-ing us with all the little stuff on it that was breaking or falling off. Three weeks ago, she was in an accident, and, to its credit, it kept her safe. Combined with 111K miles, the damage to it was enough to total it.

Her requests for a new ride was something that is more fuel efficient, a moon roof, cloth seats, and affordable for us to purchase. She has accused me of being Honda-Centric in the past, so I was pleased that, when I found this car, she agreed to go on a test drive. Amazingly, after the test drive, she really liked the car, and even said "it spoke" to her.

This Accord checks all her boxes, and most of mine. The cloth seats will not be so frigid as leather in winter and not burning hot during our humid Texas summers. I am amazed that is it actually fun to drive, and the fuel economy so far is truly impressive. I think we have used just half of the tank that the dealer gave us with our purchase.

One week in, we are both very pleased.:thmsup:
I made the same move as you had a 2001 Passat glx. I got tired of the crappy gas mileage and constant maint. Mine was a 4mo V6, sold it and picked up a Black 2014 sport cvt.:thmsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts