Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a small bird with my sideview mirror while on the highway. Ouch. The only damage was the outside plastic part cracked and the crack is push in a little. Can this be fixed or does the whole mirror need to be replaced? How much? Can this be fixed without taking it to a shop? Its a 2010 ex-l. Metallic gray color

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm pretty sure the painted part is just a cap that can be swapped out without replacing the whole mirror. It seems simple enough to be repaired without the car having to stay at the shop, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The painted part is indeed just a cap. I just bought one for my coupe from the local dealership for $26 and change if I recall. Comes pre-painted, just tell them what color when ordering. There's at least one DIY here on DA for removal & dis-assembly of a side mirror if you're inclined to do it yourself.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I'm pretty sure the painted part is just a cap that can be swapped out without replacing the whole mirror. It seems simple enough to be repaired without the car having to stay at the shop, but I'm not sure.
Correct. :thmsup:

·
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
32 Posts
I hit a small bird with my sideview mirror while on the highway. Ouch. The only damage was the outside plastic part cracked and the crack is push in a little. Can this be fixed or does the whole mirror need to be replaced? How much? Can this be fixed without taking it to a shop? Its a 2010 ex-l. Metallic gray color
hey...wassup:wave:

i had the same problem a few weeks ago (backed out of the garage, then hit the garage railing):headbash:. i had to replace the mirror and the housing. i bought the parts needed cheap and did it myself in 20 mins. (total $23) and picked it up from the dealership so i wouldnt be charged shipping. :thumbsup:

so yes. everything on there is replaceable. :yes:

From what I have read....you have cracked the "plastic part"=non-painted portion of the side mirror. Right?:scratch: Do you have any pics?

Go down to post #6 on this thread and use the pdf file. its what i used and it helped.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...de+view+mirror

well, there you go. if you need any help, let me know (like ordering correct parts & where to order from), i can also help you step by step to fix it. (via webcam, etc..)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bringing up a thread from the past here. Sorry folks I need some assistance in replacing a cracked mirror, drivers side. Snow/ice in the NE here, looks like I applied way too much pressure trying to clean the mirrors on my accord. Any assistance or guidance on how to just replace the mirror would be greatly appreciated. I did do a search and the only source seems to have been wiped clean of the images.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not sure if you mean the glass part of your mirror is broken, or, the plastic housing, but, if you take a look at this link:http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2011&catcgry3=4DR+EXL-V6&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=MIRROR

It will show you the parts for mirrors. If it's just the glass part that broken, that is a 11$ part (illustration # 13). My shop manual I have shows it is a pretty straight forward process to swap in and out the mirrors. It does mention you have to apply heat with a heat gun to seperate the mirror from the housing. May want to let a dealer take care of it for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts