Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for options for increasing light output on my 8th gen sedan. The factory lights seem REALLY REALLY dim. I have been reading about a H9 conversion, but is that only for the coupes? I was also looking at an LED conversion. Anyone had experience with something like this:

Putco LED Headlight Bulbs - Best Price on Putco LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Either way, what is everyone doing to combat the crappy stock light output?

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Looking for options for increasing light output on my 8th gen sedan. The factory lights seem REALLY REALLY dim. I have been reading about a H9 conversion, but is that only for the coupes? I was also looking at an LED conversion. Anyone had experience with something like this:

Putco LED Headlight Bulbs - Best Price on Putco LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Either way, what is everyone doing to combat the crappy stock light output?
Go retro, visit TRS website you won't be sorry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know retros are legit, I have a set on my GXP, just didn't want to drop that kind of money into it. We just bought it and have a payment. The first "mod" I wanted to do was the pay it off mod lol. I would jump on your kit in the for sale forums, but I can get a brand new set with a brand new HID kit for $500 from Classy's.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Yeah, I know retros are legit, I have a set on my GXP, just didn't want to drop that kind of money into it. We just bought it and have a payment. The first "mod" I wanted to do was the pay it off mod lol. I would jump on your kit in the for sale forums, but I can get a brand new set with a brand new HID kit for $500 from Classy's.
Send me a PM with an offer

·
Registered
409 Posts
Cool. Sounds like a good deal if you want non-OEM projectors, but the benefit of not blinding people.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had the same issue with light output. I did the 9012 bulb conversion, $50 and I doubled the light output. Picked them up online at candlepowerinc.com. Just have to alter the bulb with some clippers to make it fit a 9006 bulb housing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Best mod is to do a hid projector retrofit. It's defiently worth it. If you do it you'll have prob the best light output on the street 9.9 times out of 10

1 - 8 of 8 Posts