Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a creaking noise that I barely noticed when I picked up the car, but today it seemed to get worse. It seems to be coming from the dashboard on the passenger side. I tried emptying the glove box to see if it was something in there, and pushing on the glove box while driving, but it sounds like it's coming from close to the windshield.

Anyone had something similar?

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I had a noise coming from that same area.. Sounded like passenger footwell or behind glove box at times. Honda found it was a nut on top of the strut, which you can see if you pop the hood. I think he put some sort of grease on it and tightened it up. Haven't heard it since.

I'll take a pic of service receipt later

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great thanks - I really hope it's not something on the interior. I'm always afraid that they will mess it up more by taking apart the interior.

·
acruzer205
1 Posts
Box under glovebox squeak fix!

I had the same issue. I fixed it finally today. take the black cover off that is located under the glovebox. To the right there are two cables wrapped with electric tape above the fuse area connected to a black box. The black box was loose and whenever I was driving on rough roads or hit bumps it squeaked a lot.

My fix.. I took a foam tire shine applicator and pushed it between the black box (which looks like a computer or something) and the wall behind it and fixed it! :) There are screws to tighten the box down but are extremely hard to reach. Maybe dealership will fix it if I take it in.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts