Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Depending on the selection, either side mirror will drop down upon reverse and when in drive will return to their original position. This is supposed to be a "safety" feature when parallel parking.

The passenger side mirror in my 2011 Crosstour does not always return to default (up) after reverse (down).

Last time I was in the dealer, they lubed it...no effect. I returned and had them replace the actuator...seems to work fine after testing in parking lot, but on the drive home and a stop, the side mirror refused to return to the up position. The problem seems intermittent as it has worked as designated occasionally since the last visit to the shop.

I don't know what else it could be, and obviously the Honda dealership doesn't know either otherwise they would have fixed it right the first time.

I hesitate bringing it back as I don't want to be a training exercise for their mechanic at my expense, so what could be the problem be? The switch?

Has anyone had this experience? I've owned since brand new....no problems except for this recent issue.

It is dangerous as I have to use the switch to raise the mirror if I forget to check it before I leave...otherwise if I want to change lanes on the freeway, my mirror might be facing down....looking at the pavement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Revival of a old thread

I take it you don't have the camera on the mirror for lane changes, or is that a EXL only option? My 2015 EXL has that option.

·
Turbocharged
861 Posts
Revival of a old thread

I take it you don't have the camera on the mirror for lane changes, or is that a EXL only option? My 2015 EXL has that option.
Lane watch was not a thing back in 2011.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts