Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all the crosstour owners,

I was just wondering if there is really less road noise in the crosstour that the 8th gen accord coupe. I'm thinking of switching and this is a key area for me.

Thanks

·
Honda Lover!
7 Posts
I have a coupe and a Crosstour and I am sure the Crosstour is much quieter. The wife likes quiet and I like noise. We are both happy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks. Im looking for a bit more utility in my vehicle and I was looking between the venza and the crosstour (I've read the other threads haha) but I don't mind the looks of the crosstour and have noticed that a lot of pieces in the venza don't fit that well. So road noise is a big thing for me.
:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yea same here... The CT is wayyy quieter than the coupe... Honda made a conscious effort in the CT to reduce road noise as well as engine noise entering the cabin... It was one of their selling points when I bought mines... I had a sedan and switched it for the CT because it was just better lol... Coupe is still here though lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's good to hear. How's the drive? And is there enough room in the hatch to carry what you need?

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's good to hear. How's the drive? And is there enough room in the hatch to carry what you need?
The CT drives great specially on straight aways... aggressive cornering translates to lots of body roll (hints on how heavy the CT is). The trunk is small. That's what you need to consider when getting one... specially when you're looking for a family car and/or will be the only car in the household.

I love my CT. I love how it deters soccer moms away from it. Every single CT I've seen so far are driven by men and it can definitely go sideways

:lmao:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very good drive... Much smoother than the sedan or coupe... The trunk does exactly what I need it to and 40/60 split is a welcome addition... A 47 in TV and a bunch of Costco groceries with room for a rear passenger is more than I ever expected it to do lol... I don't haul many items I'm just comfortable with the fact that I can if I have to...

·
Registered
518 Posts
The CT drives great specially on straight aways... aggressive cornering translates to lots of body roll (hints on how heavy the CT is). The trunk is small. That's what you need to consider when getting one... specially when you're looking for a family car and/or will be the only car in the household.

I love my CT. I love how it deters soccer moms away from it. Every single CT I've seen so far are driven by men and it can definitely go sideways

:lmao:
Curious what are you comparing the trunk to say it small?

·
Registered
518 Posts
let me ask you this... how many luggage can you fit in the CT's trunk?
Depends on size. Full size Luggage I can fit 3 with the seats up. 5 or more with seats down.

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
let me ask you this... how many luggage can you fit in the CT's trunk?
Interesting perspective. Why do I say such? Trying to get proper-sized luggage pieces to fit into the Accord sedan trunk is like playing Tetris! The Accord sedan's rear suspension/strut location impedes optimal luggage placement, despite adequate amount of overall capacity. This is perhaps one of only major gripes w/ my 8th gen' Accord sedan.

(I wonder if this is the case w/ the Accord CrossTour as well, namely the location/position of the rear suspension/struts)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Depends on size. Full size Luggage I can fit 3 with the seats up. 5 or more with seats down.
I would love to know how you fit 3 full sized luggage because I can't. I once picked up a party of 4 with 4 huge luggage and I can only fit 2. I have to call home and get the FIT over. The FIT took care of all 4 luggage and 4 carry ons. I can't even fit a set of 195/45R17 wheels in the CT with seats up, the FIT can. The CT can't fit a 12,000 BTU AC... the FIT can.
For a car which is categorized as a crossover... the CT fall short on trunk space as it is more of a crossover with a hatch styled back plus a really raised trunk floor. The hidden compartment is a nice touch but holds cons when calling for trunk space needs.

Like I said and stated to the OP... you really need to consider trunk space if the CT would be the only family car, more so if you have a family of 3 or more that frequents traveling/vacationing.

Don't get me wrong... I have taken in all considerations before signing the dotted lines. I love my CT for what it is and at the end of the day I know for a fact that I do not own a soccer-mom-car.

Interesting perspective. Why do I say such? Trying to get proper-sized luggage pieces to fit into the Accord sedan trunk is like playing Tetris! The Accord sedan's rear suspension/strut location impedes optimal luggage placement, despite adequate amount of overall capacity. This is perhaps one of only major gripes w/ my 8th gen' Accord sedan.

(I wonder if this is the case w/ the Accord CrossTour as well, namely the location/position of the rear suspension/struts)
it is worse on the CT as I explained above...

also note how those rear pillars are

here's another shot of the hatch closed just to give you an idea (my FIT in the background stored for winter)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Crosstour uses noise cancellation tech which makes it "extremely" quiet in pre much any situation. Im always amazed when I'm riding around in my mom's Crosstour.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I broke down and bought one and I love how quiet it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts