Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

My cruise control light ( set ) is always on, no matter if the car is switched on or not, no matter if cruise control is set or not.

Any wires that I can trace ?

Any methods to do/try ?

Note: Cruise control is working just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I assume that you have the master cruise control button on the steering wheel turned off?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you can see in the picture, the MAIN Cruise control is off...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Maybe pull the fuse for the cruise and see if it resets. If that does not work disconnect the battery for a while and see if it resets after reconnecting?

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
So the light is on when the key is out of the ignition?

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Well, I can definitely tell that you have taken your cluster apart to switch out the illumination bulbs...possibly you fudged something up while doing so, because obviously that particular light is receiving constant power... :dunno:

·
Banned
13,099 Posts

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Well, I can definitely tell that you have taken your cluster apart to switch out the illumination bulbs...possibly you fudged something up while doing so, because obviously that particular light is receiving constant power... :dunno:
He actually just used a film over the entire cluster.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
He actually just used a film over the entire cluster.
Ah, ok. Sorry I don't get into mods like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this film (by the looks of his white needles) did it still require him to disassemble the cluster though to remove the needles, place the film, and then re-install the needles...?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe pull the fuse for the cruise and see if it resets. If that does not work disconnect the battery for a while and see if it resets after reconnecting?
Nothing happened...

So the light is on when the key is out of the ignition?
When I unlock the car I find it there, it comes on whenever there's " Power " in the car.

As CM6 replied... I only used film to change the illumination, didn't touch any wires or so.

Does your cruise control still work?
Yeah, but that (SET) light stays on, no matter if cruise control is activated or not...

Ah, ok. Sorry I don't get into mods like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this film (by the looks of his white needles) did it still require him to disassemble the cluster though to remove the needles, place the film, and then re-install the needles...?
No need to remove the needles..

@dreamin he actually made a pseudo-write up which is why I remember
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129106
Thanks for sharing my link.

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
Hello guys,

My cruise control light ( set ) is always on, no matter if the car is switched on or not, no matter if cruise control is set or not.

Any wires that I can trace ?

Any methods to do/try ?

Note: Cruise control is working just fine.
Is your brake light switch working properly? There may be something going wrong in that circuit.

Check that switch before proceeding to cruise actuator switch. Not sure where cruise actuator switch is located.

Miker

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Very good point, Miker. OP: just search for "brake light switch" there is a lot of talk/threads on how to check it, things it affects, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brake light is working as it should be...

Today I noticed that when I unlock the car, if the lights are switched on, the cruise control indicator will be on too ( Without key in the ignition ), if they are off it will go off as well.

But if the key is in the ignition, before turning the engine on, it will come on again and will stay on...

I guess it has something to do with the lights circuit for the interior or so. ( Just a guess )

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Just because the brake lights work doesn't mean that the switch isn't faulty or doesn't need an adjustment... here read this thread from last month

Changed brake light switch...now cruise control won't work? - Posts #3,4,5

Here's another helpful thread regarding taking apart your cruise control module - Post #11 has pics of it. Post #8/9 is instructions on how to download the manual (free) for troubleshooting

2003 Accord Cruise Control

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem, the cruise control (green) light is always on when there is power to the car and off when the car is turned off. The car is still running good without any obvious issue. Have you figured out the problem? How did you fix it? Recently, I flushed the brake fluid couple of weeks ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts