1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and foremost let's get numbers out of the way:

FlexFuel (E85 mixture) - 360whp/340lbs @ 4500
93 Octane - 325whp/320lbs @ 3300

I have attached my dyno results below...

All my performance work has been done by Derrick at Innovative Motorworks in Carlisle Pa, these guys are recommended by PRL.

So, this time around, I pretty much had the whole PRL line up for the 2.0t installed. FMIC, downpipe, Intake etc, along with Ktuner, and of course the CTR Turbo. Now, I don't know what I was going to expect. The car just has raw power, that's the best way I can explain. It's most definitely not smooth. Once turbo kicks in, you will feel it. To my surprise though, the car overall feels like it has more "umph" especially just at normal cruising, you can feel the increased throttle response. Everything just feels quicker.

Now to the bad side, I already had issues with the Borla exhuast and it's droning and just over all crappy note. Well it's 1000 times worse, the car is much, much louder. The exhaust drone is much more pronounced. Derrick suggested going back to the stock exhaust or getting larger mufflers. I am going to check a well know exhaust shop here in Maryland, and I will come up with something. If I have to go full custom, I will because I am close to 40 and that exhaust note doesn't fit me nor the car for that matter.

Oh, and I will need new brakes too. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Awesome build. Hey im in MD too. I am about to get my exhaust done as well. Not sure if you've heard of Hitchcock autoworks. Them fellas will get you right without hurting your pockets. Quality shop, i had them do my Ram and my charger, when i had them..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome build. Hey im in MD too. I am about to get my exhaust done as well. Not sure if you've heard of Hitchcock autoworks. Them fellas will get you right without hurting your pockets. Quality shop, i had them do my Ram and my charger, when i had them..
Before you go that route, message me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
can i just ask why you would mod your car this way? Accord isn't meant to be a sports car and it will never be. You could have used the money you spent on getting an actual sports car and avoid messing with the engine as much as you have. Honda designs their shit to a T, only designing for the max stress that the stock engine would produce. Sooner or later you will run into problems with miscellaneous bits and pieces of the car breaking from the insane amount of power you added.

That said, its pretty awesome lol and i wanna hear the exhaust, i didn't think accord could be loud at all. I just use my accord as a daily so it would never make sense for me to do any of this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i just ask why you would mod your car this way? Accord isn't meant to be a sports car and it will never be. You could have used the money you spent on getting an actual sports car and avoid messing with the engine as much as you have. Honda designs their shit to a T, only designing for the max stress that the stock engine would produce. Sooner or later you will run into problems with miscellaneous bits and pieces of the car breaking from the insane amount of power you added.

That said, its pretty awesome lol and i wanna hear the exhaust, i didn't think accord could be loud at all. I just use my accord as a daily so it would never make sense for me to do any of this.
I do whatever the hell I want with my car. You do what you want with yours.

·
Registered
747 Posts
can i just ask why you would mod your car this way?
With your logic all cars are perfect from the factory. Why would anyone mod their car?

Nothing is better than an uber-fast sedan or wagon for daily driving IMO. C/E63, m3 sedan, etc. Is it wildly unnecessary? Sure. Is it awesome? Yes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
With your logic all cars are perfect from the factory. Why would anyone mod their car?

Nothing is better than an uber-fast sedan or wagon for daily driving IMO. C/E63, m3 sedan, etc. Is it wildly unnecessary? Sure. Is it awesome? Yes.
Those cars are AWD while Accord isn't. Stock 2.0T already has issues with traction so I can't imagine how obnoxious trying to launch off the line with 50% more power would be. I definitely want to mod my car for better handling but I think stock power is pretty sufficient. Plus I got this car for economical purposes so it literally makes no sense for me to increase power and require more expensive fuel and dumping thousands on parts. It's definitely interesting to see what the motor can do, but I wouldn't do this to an Accord that I daily. The end result is just going to be a disappointment when you compare it to a purposed sports car that you could have gotten and modded instead. All this modification also hurts the resale value and you'll have to take it all off if you want to get rid of it.

But you guys are adults and you know the decisions you're making. Don't let me stop you.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,224 Posts
can i just ask why you would mod your car this way? Accord isn't meant to be a sports car and it will never be.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car
A sports car is designed to emphasise handling, performance or thrill of driving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_in_motorsport#British_Touring_Car_Championship
British Touring Car Championship

It was in 1995 that Honda first joined the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). The car they used was the Accord. David Leslie got Honda's first podium at Oulton Park that year, but they only finished seventh in the manufacturers' championship. 1996 was more successful as Leslie took three wins and finished fourth in the drivers' championship.

In 1997, the team was run by Prodrive, instead of MSD, and the drivers were James Thompson and Gabriele Tarquini. Honda finished third in the manufacturers' championship that year and Robb Gravett won the independent's championship in a Honda Accord. Peter Kox replaced Tarquini for 1998. James Thompson finished third in the championship with four wins in 1998.

WSR replaced Prodrive in running the Honda team for 1999. The same driver line-up from 1998 was retained, though Gabriele Tarquini raced in two rounds. Honda finished second in the manufacturers' championship with five wins in 1999.[42] 2000 was the final BTCC season using the Super Touring regulations and the teams expanded to three drivers. Thompson was joined by Tom Kristensen and Tarquini. They won seven races, including the final race of the Super Touring era which was won by Kristensen. Honda finished second in the manufacturers' championship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_in_motorsport#World_Touring_Car_Championship/Cup
World Touring Car Championship/Cup

Honda first participated in the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) with the Accord from 2005 to 2008, although it was only used by privateer teams. It did still have some success as James Thompson won the Race of Europe at Imola in 2008.

https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/tony-matthews-on-the-honda-accord-btcc
Tony Matthews returns with the most complex and detailed cutaway rendering he’s featured at Motor City Garage so far, the 1996 Honda Accord BTCC racer. For Americans and others who aren’t familiar with this type of racing, the BTCC — British Touring Car Championship — featured some of the most advanced and sophisticated “production” racers ever built, at times rivaling F1 from some angles

·
Registered
747 Posts
Those cars are AWD while Accord isn't.
The C63 and M3 are RWD. Helps to know what you are talking about when trying to make a point. No one is telling you how to mod your car, stop telling others how to mod theirs. Power is subjective. You like the stock power. Others might want more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Those cars are AWD while Accord isn't. Stock 2.0T already has issues with traction so I can't imagine how obnoxious trying to launch off the line with 50% more power would be. I definitely want to mod my car for better handling but I think stock power is pretty sufficient. Plus I got this car for economical purposes so it literally makes no sense for me to increase power and require more expensive fuel and dumping thousands on parts. It's definitely interesting to see what the motor can do, but I wouldn't do this to an Accord that I daily. The end result is just going to be a disappointment when you compare it to a purposed sports car that you could have gotten and modded instead. All this modification also hurts the resale value and you'll have to take it all off if you want to get rid of it.

But you guys are adults and you know the decisions you're making. Don't let me stop you.
Nobody cares.

·
Registered
97 Posts
OP sounds awesome. I bet 3rd and 4th gear are amazing. I too am 40 and as much as I miss my borla z28 camaro v8 symphony I can't do it to my accord. Why wouldn't you want all this in a daily driver...stop light to stop light in a MT is fun for me!

·
Registered
69 Posts
First hand experience on how crazy the delivery of power is. Antwrig's car is slick. If it weren't for the sound that comes out of it, it would surprise the shit out of anyone who thinks they would smoke the accord. LOL... Total badass ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts