Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased my 2013 EX-L V6 in May, it appears to have the latest stereo firmware, and I have disconnected the ANC unit inside the center console.

From there what options do we have as owners? From what I can determine the stereo DOES have pre-amp outs that go to the amp in trunk, is that true? It seems like if that is true, the sky is the limit right? You can either replace the speakers or replace the speakers and install a new amp and sub if you wanted to. I'm for the most part happy with the head unit, I just leave my iPod plugged in and use the hand controls.

So, what have people done with the non-Sport model (EX) with the premium audio? What are the perceived options?

Thanks,
Smark

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
So I purchased my 2013 EX-L V6 in May, it appears to have the latest stereo firmware, and I have disconnected the ANC unit inside the center console.

From there what options do we have as owners? From what I can determine the stereo DOES have pre-amp outs that go to the amp in trunk, is that true? It seems like if that is true, the sky is the limit right? You can either replace the speakers or replace the speakers and install a new amp and sub if you wanted to. I'm for the most part happy with the head unit, I just leave my iPod plugged in and use the hand controls.

So, what have people done with the non-Sport model (EX) with the premium audio? What are the perceived options?

Thanks,
Smark
EX-L V6 Accord does have pre-amp outs that go into the amplifier behind the glove box, not the trunk. Yes, you can keep the OEM HU, it's perfectly fine, nothing's wrong with it, and run the preamp signal into your amplifier or processor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts