Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ladies,

I just picked up my new 9th gen coupe in white. I'm making a few low cost mods to make her my own without going to chinsy. Take a look at my ideas below and let me know your thoughts. I'm just trying ideas at the moment to see what I think. Some I end up not liking and some I do.

This...
Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Or this...
I tried out the chrome look to match the rear lower trim, but I would really like to have a white reflector if I can find/make one.

Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Car Bumper

This is another idea I had (just threw it together with scraps to get the general look). Trying to go for that new Lexus front end type of look. I think it has some potential to look nice if done properly.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Headlamp

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Bumper

I also just finished the new sun strip on the windshield last night...

Vehicle Car Windshield Automotive exterior Glass

Once I installed it, I had to be creative and find the radar viewer for that Eminent Crash Warning system. I slowly started to cut a small triangle in the sun strip and cut it bigger and bigger until I opened up the viewing hole. From the picture above you cant even see where the vinyl is cut which is nice.

Other recent mods includes...
1. 6000k HID low beams
2. 3000k Yellow fog halogen bulbs
3. Custom clear hood chip guard I cut and installed myself

To come soon...
1. 6000k LED switchback corner bulbs
2. 6000k LED rear blinker bulbs
3. Maybe a custom cut and wrapped white tail light. I'm looking to wrap the tail light in white vinyl, then trace out the rear running lights and blinkers. So the only thing I would be covering is the red housing but none of the actual light output sections.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify, that was slapped together with scraps. It would obviously look smooth when done right. I just wanted to see what the color contrast would look like.

its a far cry off, but here is the idea that sparked the look...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd love to know where you are going to get your 6k switchbacks. The only place I know where to find them (JLC), they don't match my 6k HIDs (DDM).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Check the vehicle codes for your state, but that rear reflector may have to be red. Of course you can do anything you want, many of us have. Just make sure you know the legal requirements.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sgand - Ebay lol. They have tons. Just have to look around to find some that are better quality, or Lumen output then others. I found a pair for around 35 bucks that look durable and well rated. We will see about the color.

Down the road I really want to bake the head lights and remove that stupid orange reflector from inside the headlight. I did this on my 7th gen and it made a very subtle by nice difference. This will also help to clean up the lights by keeping it all chrome and white.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the vehicle codes for your state, but that rear reflector may have to be red. Of course you can do anything you want, many of us have. Just make sure you know the legal requirements.
I dont think I'm feeling the chrome look but I'm not positive. I would really like to find a way to make them just white reflectors. I was going to see if I could remove the reflector all together and remove the top red layer from the underside chrome reflector.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sgand - Ebay lol. They have tons. Just have to look around to find some that are better quality, or Lumen output then others. I found a pair for around 35 bucks that look durable and well rated. We will see about the color.

Well, yeah that's where I got mine. I just didn't know if you had found a perfect match to the HIDs. I don't want to keep buying them just to find out they aren't what I'm looking for.

But anyways, I'm not here to jack your thread with my problems. Your car looks good, continue on. :thmsup:

·
S mode
382 Posts
The Lexus look so ugly!!! Don't know why someone would want to make it look like it.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are your thoughts about the rear reflectors? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The Lexus look so ugly!!! Don't know why someone would want to make it look like it.
I love the look on the new Lexus, I would buy the new IS if I could afford it.

But to the OP, I would say no to both especially the front because of the Lexus look but we drive Honda.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Other options for the rear reflectors:

1. I would really like to remove the reflector only and mount a custom exhaust tip (long and rectangular in a vertical position) in its place. Replace the stock muffler with something slightly smaller to allow me to plump the exhaust tip into that opening for a nice clean look.

Can you guys picture that? Think it might work?

2. Or cover them with white vinyl to match the car?

3. Does anyone know how I could implement changing them from red to clear? custom design? other car parts switch in their place?

Something similar to this but vertical in the place of the reflectors...

to help you picture it better...

·
Banned
113 Posts
Other options for the rear reflectors:

1. I would really like to remove the reflector only and mount a custom exhaust tip (long and rectangular in a vertical position) in its place. Replace the stock muffler with something slightly smaller to allow me to plump the exhaust tip into that opening for a nice clean look.

Can you guys picture that? Think it might work?

2. Or cover them with white vinyl to match the car?

3. Does anyone know how I could implement changing them from red to clear? custom design? other car parts switch in their place?

Something similar to this but vertical in the place of the reflectors...

to help you picture it better...
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131282

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah, thanks.

Ya, that concept version is gorgeous! I bet they will make a full body kit to mimic this look, but Im sure it will be big money

·
Registered
190 Posts
I like the look of the new Lexus models, but that doesn't mean you should make an Accord look "like" the IS.

That's not much better than the "Ferrari" mods people used to do with Pontiac Fieros.

Why don't you just get some crazy wheels or something instead?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thumbs down.

Instantly reminded me of this...

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I can see how that can be laughed at. Your trying to interpret something your not, but on the other hand, that's at least very clean work. Thats impressive as far as craftsmanship you had to admit.

To that point, I'm not TRYING to be like a Lexus, I'm just trying to be creative with some custom designs and taking inspiration from other places. I know my car is a Honda and I love it as a Honda. I'm just trying to add some simple, yet creative designs to set it apart. I don't want too flashy, but I don't want it to look too tacky either.

·
Registered
924 Posts
ill give you style points for the lexus idea. if you wrapped in in vinyl in the correct shape youd probably get more likes.

as for the chrome reflectors, im not a fan. simply because i can see someone getting behind you and their headlights reflecting right back into their face from the mirror-like chrome. imo theres no other good looking color besides red for reflectors there. incorporating an exhaust exit would be a lot of work.

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
I know where you are going with this and I like the idea. Some people obviously do not understand the meaning of a quick "mock up".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts