Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, I'm in the works of fabricating my own exhaust. I'll be using 2 Apexi WS2 Mufflers, Custom piping 2.5 in diameter, Magnaflow Y- Pipe but deciding on a after market cat or resonator. All being attached to the RV6 PCD. Has anyone else thought about going into custom exhaust vs buying an aftermarket one?

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
Search Function.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know all that, I've been reading a ton of post. But the difference in what I'm trying to do is all a whole new system. Most only fabricate custom axle-backs, I'm talking about a whole new system in general from the header on back. I've read oOKhanhOod post and was going to ask is everything else stock piping? I know he added in the Y-Pipe but what about the rest of the piping?

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
There are a few of us who have gone the custom route. My catback exhaust does not utilize mufflers but it does run 2.5 inch piping. All my piping was fabricated custom and it has a Magnaflow Resonator that exits out of two modified Maganflow 4" Wide, 9.5" Length 15 Degree Angle Rolled Tips.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How were the pipe bends Gefex?

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, because I'm getting quotes at shops over here to see how much all this is gonna cost.

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
Thanks, because I'm getting quotes at shops over here to see how much all this is gonna cost.
It is definitely expensive. More expensive than if you were to buy a pre-built system. The problem is, the V6 does not have a catback available yet and I wanted a custom sound so I went fully custom. My system ran me just under $1,000.

The other issue is finding a shop with the right machines. Most of the machines needed to customize Maganflow Tips and Mandrel Bend pipes are very expensive so your average shop can't do it right. A lot of times they will outsource but it costs more that way. My Tips had to be out sourced because, apparently, the equipment used to cut the tips is outrageous in price.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I thought about doing this as well a little bit down the line, but i havent gotten a quote or anything yet. How much has everyone else spent on their custom exhaust?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts