Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a car seat for my baby so i wanted some sun protection. I've been looking for sunshades but most were the suction cup square screens which I wasn't interested in. Then i found these on amazon, and I love them! I had 50% tint on the windows from the previous owner, and now with the sunshades its almost impossible to see in from the outside through the rear side windows. They're a bit pricy at $65 for some mesh, but i think they're worth it.
Interestingly i can't find many other custom shades like these for other cars. On amazon Shade Styx only sells these for the 8th gen accord sedan.

Amazon.com: Shade Styx Sunshade for Honda Accord 4-door 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 rear side window (Set of 2): Automotive

Now if only they sold one like this for the rear windshield, I would be all over that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do they mount? I cant seem to find any instructions anywhere. Do you have to stick the clips to the door molding? If you take them down do the clips come off with it, or would you still see the empty clips? Thanks!

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
I like this, if they had one for the rear window too, I'd get the set.
i remember seeing a video of someone demoing it for the rear window in an 2010 TSX and it latched into the child seat anchors on the rear shelf. i figure the measurements are similar enough for it to fit in an 8th gen accord. maybe?

edit: this video –

edit 2: its a separate product, obviously (dont know why i forgot to link this) –
edit 3: install video

1 - 5 of 5 Posts