Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is that on the 2013? If so, does it have support for the OEM rear camera and whatnot?

I'm on a Sport, so I didn't have the ability to add a Nav to the system...but doing this would let me still have built-in Nav and whatnot. I'd have to replace the dash pieces with the Nav pieces, but that shouldn't be too hard to do.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
No offense, but can't you tell that is not a 9th gen? I mean you own one! I have a 7th gen and know that the one pictured here is an 8th gen...

·
Registered
213 Posts
No offense, but can't you tell that is not a 9th gen? I mean you own one! I have a 7th gen and know that the one pictured here is an 8th gen...
Umm...no? I should have read the info for his username, but the pictures definitely don't say it's not a 9th gen. From the angles he took the pictures it looks the same as the 9th gen with Nav.

Sorry, I don't know all of the various models of Accord in the world...this is the first Honda I've owned, and Honda drivers with attitudes is pretty much the reason why.

·
Registered
213 Posts
lol the 9th ten interior looks a lot different than an 8thgen..

OP : is that the metra or scosche dash kit?
2 things...

1) It's a custom dash kit. Even if I had an Accord with nav it would look different.

2) I don't have Nav in my Sport (it isn't available on the Sport)...my dash looks *drastically* different from an Accord with Nav, even the 9th gen. There's no way I'd know what the differences are unless I had actually seen the interior of an 8th gen with nav before, which I haven't.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Honda drivers with attitudes is pretty much the reason why.
I could have been quite a bit more brash. But, not knowing you, I tried to place it delicately. The shots show the gauge cluster. The 9th gen Accords all have very similar gauges to those of your Sport. The A/C controls in your car are drastically different from this generation. This dash kit appears to use the factory controls of an 8th gen. (Knobs)

I never knew that Honda owners were known for "attitudes," apart from EF/EG/EK Civic owners.

Have a fantastic rest of your day, sir.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I could have been quite a bit more brash. But, not knowing you, I tried to place it delicately. The shots show the gauge cluster. The 9th gen Accords all have very similar gauges to those of your Sport. The A/C controls in your car are drastically different from this generation. This dash kit appears to use the factory controls of an 8th gen. (Knobs)

I never knew that Honda owners were known for "attitudes," apart from EF/EG/EK Civic owners.

Have a fantastic rest of your day, sir.
Actually, the part of the gauge cluster that is visible in the pictures look remarkably similar to the one in my Sport (and all 9th gen, if they look the same).

As I said before, the models with navigation have a completely different-looking center dash than models without. It's laid out very similarly to the image above...having only seen a 9th gen (w/nav) dash once, I have virtually nothing to reference it to other than the overall layout, which is the same.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,007 Posts
Umm...no? I should have read the info for his username, but the pictures definitely don't say it's not a 9th gen. From the angles he took the pictures it looks the same as the 9th gen with Nav.
Since this may be your first Accord, I guess it's an honest mistake, but it really looks nothing like a 9th gen with or without navi.

OP's car and dash

vs 9th gen dash without navi

and 9th gen dash with navi

What's different? Well, the most obvious is the location of the two center air vents. The OP's car (an 8th gen) has center vents that are above the navi screen and run horizontally. The 9th gen has center vents that are to the side of the navi screen and are more vertical.

The other obvious difference is that the controls on the dash of the 9th gen's are multi tiered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts