Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course I googled custom intakes for the 8th gen. Found many diys and alot of information. One thing I dont know still is which maf sensor adapter to order. if someone has videos or links posted they are either private or the links are linked to pages that dont have the product on that page anymore. Someone who did this on a 2009 i4 coupe (dont think the coupe or sedan matters as they're the same) can you tell me where to get the maf sensor adapter. If i go to autozone how will i know which one i will need?
also, do I need an extension pipe if i want a sri? probably not but better to ask.
do i need to buy anything else other than the filter cone, maf sensor adapter?
maybe some aluminum clamps? or a straight pipe?
im wondering.. will my new filter be exposed without a cover in the engine bay? is that going to effect anything?
well i hope someone who knows something will read all of this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Of course I googled custom intakes for the 8th gen. Found many diys and alot of information. One thing I dont know still is which maf sensor adapter to order. if someone has videos or links posted they are either private or the links are linked to pages that dont have the product on that page anymore. Someone who did this on a 2009 i4 coupe (dont think the coupe or sedan matters as they're the same) can you tell me where to get the maf sensor adapter. If i go to autozone how will i know which one i will need?
also, do I need an extension pipe if i want a sri? probably not but better to ask.
do i need to buy anything else other than the filter cone, maf sensor adapter?
maybe some aluminum clamps? or a straight pipe?
im wondering.. will my new filter be exposed without a cover in the engine bay? is that going to effect anything?
well i hope someone who knows something will read all of this.

Considering your questions I am under the belief you have never built a custom intake, so my question is why not go aftermarket and not worry about the hassle of building your own.

As for your questions you do not need to purchase a new MAF sensor, you can remove it from the stock intake with two bolts and put it on the new intake. The extension pipe is for a cold air intake which allows the filter to be further away from the engine. You will need a filter, some rubber piping, clamps for connecting the hose to the engine and intake. Check out the video showing how to install an intake, this will give you a better idea of the process and shows what parts come with an aftermarket intake kit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so much cheaper for a temporary setup. i havent ever built one. but im sure i can manage if i get a good grip on what needs to happen. There's a first time for everything. What you're telling me doesnt sound much like what i've found in my research so far. strange.
everyone says buy this
and a filter.
what im wondering is does this have all the necessary things such as collar clamp or other clamps, or anything else that I might need. I know that i use the stock maf, but mounting it on the adapater.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.