Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I got my amp and wiring kit a few weeks ago so it was time to instal the sound system. I'm running 2 JL 8W7AE subs, hooked up to a JL HD1200/1 amp, with the 2 gauge JL wiring kit. I wanted a clean install so i got the new subs hooked up the the factory headunit. I had a double din that had navi, backup camera, dvd, all that shit but when hooked it up with the factory headunit out the there, it looked awefull and had too much wasted space on the dash, also, i didnt want the top display to be essentially a waste of space. Custom ported box, black leather wrapped with red suede accents. Here are pic of the box at night! :)

Attachments

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both 8W7AE's were $750
The HD1200/1 was $660
The wiring kit was $170
The fabric and leather was $60
Custom Box Install was $500

So it cost me a bit over $2k

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know who else has an aftermarket sound system in their accord but how did you eliminate the bass rattling from the front overhead light/sunglass holder. I managed to reduce it with sound dampening but there still is some rattling when the bass hits.

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
Bro how did you keep your steering wheel controls
I have a similar system with the LC6I line out xonverter but lost my steering wheel control when i add the aftermarket radio harnesss

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a Kenwood DDX 419 and was gonna hook it up to the sound system, however when i mached it up, i thought it looked odd because alot of the dash was just wasted space, so i hook up the subs to the stock sound system, so i kept all of the buttons and made it look good. I did this because the stock head unit has the optional subwoofer adjustment, and it worked perfectly. I've managed to solve 90 percent of the rattles and shakes, however the last 10 percent are much harder to get to.

·
@milmast
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because I'm using the stock headunit, i was able to keep all of the steering wheel controls for the sound system

·
2009 accord ex 4 cylinder
692 Posts
how

·
08 V6 EX-L Silver
3 Posts
I have done the same thing... I hooked up an e1800d jl amp to a power akoustik 12" fubr sub and I ran the signal off the stock sub woofer. Note when I attached the 2 Pos and 2 Neg signal wires to the plug going to the stock sub, after the connection I made sure everything still worked before carrying on. I used blue non destructive wire connectors so I didn't cut anything from the original wiring harness. very easy to pull in and out, 3 alen keys and a plug and the sub comes right out. I custom built a box for the speaker because the manufacturer said 2.2 cubic feet is optimal along with a 10"x4" port. It's great because I can control all the bass with just a flick of the finger on the stock radio. One problem...back deck rattles sooooo bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts