Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been a huge fan of the 8th gen shift knob and I always thought these were awesome shifters. Anybody know if it'd be possible to put one on an 8th gen?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it would be interesting but I think the only way to do it would be to get the shift lever and weld it to our lever. Other than that I'm not sure how you would go about it.

With the weld hidden with the boot of course

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that would be a bit too complicated for me, I like the idea of the metal shaft though.

·
"Old School" Shifter
380 Posts
You already have a metal shifter....check my avatar...I have posted more pics and have decribed how to keep the boot up...
Have been thinking of showing more metal but have not experimented yet..oem metal is finished and nice..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with the oem shifter is that it has that bend in it, but Tom, if you do start experimenting please keep me posted

·
Registered
275 Posts
I did this, horrid picture my apologies but you get the idea. :thmsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks good, TL knob right? wasn't there a guy at one point who countersunk them and was selling them?

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
A Hurst shifter in a Honda. Never thought I'd see the day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahaha ya an actual hurst shifter would be kind of awkward but I figured the picture was a good example of what I envisioned.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That looks good, TL knob right? wasn't there a guy at one point who countersunk them and was selling them?
You are correct sir, knob from a 2012 TL. I believe at some point there was a guy selling them countersunk. It would not be hard to do that on your own assuming you have access to a drill press. :yes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I really like that Jserman, is the shift boot just resting on the shifter? How much was that knob if you don't mind me asking?

And STL, I really like that but I think I'm gonna look more into a ball shifter, although yours looks clean as anything

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm that may be a winner, would you be too upset if I stole your setup?

haha upset and setup are the same letters backwards...things that make me laugh haha

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet haha maybe I'll order this shift knob tonight, Blox also makes a pretty cool cover for their knobs which I may get too cause I feel like this would get really cold in the winter and my interior (black) already gets toasty in the summer and a metal shift knob would be killer

·
Registered
389 Posts
May be a dumb question, but what are the shift knob options for us I4 5MT folks? I have a 2010 and would love to replace the stock knob with something a bit heavier and preferably with no markings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not sure but I don't think it would be any different than the 6-speed

·
Registered
275 Posts
May be a dumb question, but what are the shift knob options for us I4 5MT folks? I have a 2010 and would love to replace the stock knob with something a bit heavier and preferably with no markings.
Exactly the same, just make sure if you get one with the printed shift pattern for a 5 speed. Unless no one else ever drives your car then I suppose it wouldn't really matter. :thmsup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Exactly the same, just make sure if you get one with the printed shift pattern for a 5 speed. Unless no one else ever drives your car then I suppose it wouldn't really matter. :thmsup:
Thanks for the info. I'd love to get one with no pattern. Is it difficult to get the boot to fit properly with an aftermarket knob? I've searched here and couldn't find the direct swap option I was hoping for.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts