Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I start the car and put it in reverse right away it does not move. Bring RPM up to 2000 and it will start to move slowly. It will only do it first thing in the morning. I will take it to the dealer to check it out but it does not always act up. Anybody else had this problem and what was done to fix it? I do not think it is not temperature related as it is garaged and I live in Southern California were it does not get that cold.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Yup. Have this problem too. It's done it about 4-5 times so far in the 4,9xx miles I've had it. There's a thread on here that covers what it's called and what to tell Honda. I'll see if I can dig it up later tonight.

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
Mine does the same. There are a list of items to inspect and replace if damaged in the bulletins.

Probable cause(s)
Low transmission fluid (HCF-2) level
Transmission fluid (HCF-2) deteriorated
Transmission fluid strainer or transmission fluid filter clogged
Transmission fluid feed pipe worn, damaged, or out of round
Transmission fluid pump worn, binding, or foreign material in transmission fluid pump
Main valve body defective
Secondary valve body defective
Linear solenoid valve body defective
Clutch reducing valve body defective

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems. I guess mine is kind of weird too, but in a good way so far. I can put it in reverse right after starting the engine cold (I mean freezing cold), and the shift into reverse is just perfectly smooth, no clunks, no jumps, but it is definitely going into gear as it will start moving right away if I take my foot off the brake.

Good luck finding a cause and getting it fixed.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Mine does the same. There are a list of items to inspect and replace if damaged in the bulletins.

Probable cause(s)
Low transmission fluid (HCF-2) level
Transmission fluid (HCF-2) deteriorated
Transmission fluid strainer or transmission fluid filter clogged
Transmission fluid feed pipe worn, damaged, or out of round
Transmission fluid pump worn, binding, or foreign material in transmission fluid pump
Main valve body defective
Secondary valve body defective
Linear solenoid valve body defective
Clutch reducing valve body defective
So there's a bulletin for this? Just trying to be prepared for when I go in for my first oil change as I'd like them to look at this and a few rattles in the car

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
The bulletin is specifically titled "Judder when starting off". but there are other issues than just starting off. If they search CVT Judder in ISIS they will find it.

Some dealers will go by the titles of bulletins and say it says nothing about reverse blah blah.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've noticed it too, I thought it just had to do with the fluid getting circulated within the tranny. If I put it in reverse right away, it feels like if it's slipping or something but I haven't had the experience where it won't move at all. I'll have to pay closer attention, and report back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts