Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2007 EX-L V6 Sedan
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 4 cyl EX CVT purchased at the end of August. Several weeks later noted leak under car toward driver's side. Took to dealer, diagnosed as torque converter seal leak. Dealer ordered part, brought car in for repair, diagnosis changed to axle seal leak. Dealer replaced axle seal. Several weeks later, noticed leak toward driver's side but more toward front. Took to dealer, diagnosed pinhole leak in CVT case. Dealer ordered new CVT, Honda of America (HOA) first wanted to discuss directly with the technician, then wanted photos. HOA then authorized release of the new CVT assembly. Was installed today. Will keep everyone posted in the event of continued problems.

FYI, the original CVT in this car was made in Japan. Suggest that CVT owners keep a close eye out for leaks - my leak was not major. Remember that there is no quick way for an owner to check CVT fluid level (no dipstick).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good report, thanks. I just had an auto transmission leak on my 2013 V6 diagnosed and repaired over a period of four visits to the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts