Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slot of people havebeenasking what coilovers to get, alot of people swear by fnf but also hear a bunch of reviews saying theyre bouncy and they dont last long, i toda put CXRacing coilovers on, while being same price as fnf, theyre are 32. Way adjustibles, the ride is amazing, ive talked to only 2-4 peeps who have these and they swear by them, theyre not ran by many people, this is a very tight non sloppy setup, if you like 3. Wheeling and nice fast rebound get these, i fell in love on my first ride, ive ridden on BCs and fnf, handsdown CXRacing overtakes both, so for some of you people unsure on what setup, go with CXRacing, i have some pictures, this install was cake, we have not fine adjusted anything yet, did not have time, so as you see the car sit is maxed out, i will "droop". The spring up front to go a tad lower and raise the rear up a bit, i will also try and get spacers for the rear

·
Registered
10 Posts
Slot of people havebeenasking what coilovers to get, alot of people swear by fnf but also hear a bunch of reviews saying theyre bouncy and they dont last long, i toda put CXRacing coilovers on, while being same price as fnf, theyre are 32. Way adjustibles, the ride is amazing, ive talked to only 2-4 peeps who have these and they swear by them, theyre not ran by many people, this is a very tight non sloppy setup, if you like 3. Wheeling and nice fast rebound get these, i fell in love on my first ride, ive ridden on BCs and fnf, handsdown CXRacing overtakes both, so for some of you people unsure on what setup, go with CXRacing, i have some pictures, this install was cake, we have not fine adjusted anything yet, did not have time, so as you see the car sit is maxed out, i will "droop". The spring up front to go a tad lower and raise the rear up a bit, i will also try and get spacers for the rear

Very nice setup! You have a skid plate or anything on the bottom?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All honda are unibody, there is no chassis, nope no skid plate, the subframe protects everything but its not a good idea to use the subframe as a skidplate lol, im not that low just yet

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upd the rear a bit looks better

·
EX V6 6spd
133 Posts
Looks great man! I think i was one of the first ones to put CXracing coils on (i didnt find anyone on here who had them) and i felt the same way. They are awesome and such a great, tight ride. I just stiffened mine by 4 clicks the other day and it rides even better now :) I dropped the springs on all corners already.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, they rode amazing on 16, im now running 30 all around and i love it,

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
Where did you find these at? Just curious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wished there were coilovers not made overseas
There are, and it depends where overseas you get them. Getting European stuff from Sachs or Bilstein or KW will not disappoint. Koni/GC uses all US parts made here. Contrary to what the OP says about BC, they actually are some of the best Asian coilovers you can get. Id like to see a shock dyno of these compared to my BC's. Then again, CX racing doesn't do any actual engineering and they don't even know, they just source parts from other companies such as BC and get them made cheaply. Depending who they source from, its hit or miss. BC's are not bad, the problem is most people do not know what a top performing suspension feels like.

·
Legitimate hack
1,415 Posts
There are, and it depends where overseas you get them. Getting European stuff from Sachs or Bilstein or KW will not disappoint. Koni/GC uses all US parts made here. Contrary to what the OP says about BC, they actually are some of the best Asian coilovers you can get. Id like to see a shock dyno of these compared to my BC's. Then again, CX racing doesn't do any actual engineering and they don't even know, they just source parts from other companies such as BC and get them made cheaply. Depending who they source from, its hit or miss. BC's are not bad, the problem is most people do not know what a top performing suspension feels like.
Holy crap! What are you doing over here dude?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't know any thing about this CX Racing brand, but you should probably wait a few months before inputting a review. Everything from the first few days/weeks are going to seem like they're awesome great, etc. but how long they last is the real question. Not to mention the quality of the roads around you (around where i live, the roads are crappy, terrible, etc) so obviously if i had them, my opinions would be different. But car looks good. Just keep this updated every so often so people can have a place to read reviews for them; especially if they're financial friendly setup that can be compared to FnF, megan racing, etc.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will wait, give it a few months, i will give a solid review

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,220 Posts
I know this is a long time later, but how’d they hold up for you since 2013? Are they still in use today? We’re they worth the money overall?
You're not going to get a response from him. He hasn't been around these parts since 9/4/2014.

But if it helps any, he got BC coils 4 months later.

So much for this statement

i fell in love on my first ride, ive ridden on BCs and fnf, handsdown CXRacing overtakes both, so for some of you people unsure on what setup, go with CXRacing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts