Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up my Honda Accord lovers and friends?...... I'm doing my rim install March 2,2014 (see rims below). I've called, emailed and searched for release dates on the Tein and Megan Coilovers, but they keep pushing the date further and further away. Tein is not planning on releasing there coilovers till the end of August :thumbsdow WHAT THE HELL? Megan doesn't even have a day in mind!!!! :dunno: So instead of having to wait, God knows how long, Im taking my chances with D2 or KSport. I need your opinions, since I know jack about car suspension, etc. Im doing 20x10 back and 20x9 front, Niche Black Chrome....... I would be the 1st in South Florida with these bad boys, unless I wait a century for Tein and Megan to release something :paranoid:

Attachments

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Both are made by the exact same company in the same factory in Taiwan. I went with ksport because I got them for $850 shipped, about $100 less than I could find any D2s. They ride great, better than the H&R springs on OEM struts I had and handle better too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have K-sports. I went with them because we know the owner and he is local. I've had them installed for 3 months with zero issues.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
D2, K-Sport, BC Racing are all pretty much the same coilovers that are re-branded if you do some research on Google.
BC is built by the same company but different factory with slight different specs FYI.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Both are made by the exact same company in the same factory in Taiwan. I went with ksport because I got them for $850 shipped, about $100 less than I could find any D2s. They ride great, better than the H&R springs on OEM struts I had and handle better too.
How firm are the K Sports when compared to stock? I was thinking about getting the H&R springs bit if these are better, then will go the coilover route. Just don't want my car to firm.

Got a link to where you got them for $850 ??
Nlmotoring.com has them for $175 off until 02/28 coming to a price of $870. However, they are currently out is stock.

http://www.nlmotoring.com/product-p/chd400-kp.htm

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
How firm are the K Sports when compared to stock? I was thinking about getting the H&R springs bit if these are better, then will go the coilover route. Just don't want my car to firm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They are different, H&R has a decent ride... just bouncy on rough/uneven roads. Ksports are slightly firmer than OEM and handle better (think BMW feel), plus a lot more composed on rough roads. You cannot beat the adjustability of coilovers, you can tailor it to your needs. Neither is teeth rattling though, and if they made performance struts for our car i would bet the H&Rs would be a whole lot smoother.

Got a link to where you got them for $850 ??
I actually paid $840 shipped, but they had free shipping promo during Xmas. They were here within a week from AZ too. Now its $865 shipped...
http://sohiperformance.com/honda-ac...1723069.aspx?gclid=COqxxcb4tbwCFQjxOgodO1sASg

·
Registered
394 Posts
Since Tein won't release theirs anytime soon, will definitely consider K Sports.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Formerly 00Accord4cyl
80 Posts
Did you ever post pics of your car since you got the coilovers installed?

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
No, its been snowy and icy for the last 3 weeks straight here and forecast looks like its not giving up anytime soon. Next time it gets above freezing and I will wash it then take some pics

·
Registered
68 Posts
What's up my Honda Accord lovers and friends?...... I'm doing my rim install March 2,2014 (see rims below). I've called, emailed and searched for release dates on the Tein and Megan Coilovers, but they keep pushing the date further and further away. Tein is not planning on releasing there coilovers till the end of August :thumbsdow WHAT THE HELL? Megan doesn't even have a day in mind!!!! :dunno: So instead of having to wait, God knows how long, Im taking my chances with D2 or KSport. I need your opinions, since I know jack about car suspension, etc. Im doing 20x10 back and 20x9 front, Niche Black Chrome....... I would be the 1st in South Florida with these bad boys, unless I wait a century for Tein and Megan to release something :paranoid:
If you're interested in the D2's we can get you a great deal on them. Pretty close to the cost on the Ksports. Just PM us and we can help get that setup for you.

Contrary to popular belief, D2 and K sport are not made at the same factory in China. They are made in the same city, but the factories are miles apart. You wouldn't say all American cars are the same because they are all based in Detroit. Are they similarly designed, absolutely. But they are not the same.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
K-Sport over D2. 18 month warranty. We have tons of customers on this forum running them currently on their 9th (and 8th and earlier) gens.

BC is also definitely another option since being released. I ran them for years on my 8th gen -- you can't go wrong with them and are fully customizable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you using stock tires with them?
No I have 19x18.5 Roderick RW3. I think I have 35 series tire. I am sitting just at the tire with no issues with rubbing and no rolled fenders. Obviously, it rides stiffer than stock but it isn't bad (this coming from a "old" lady with two kids in the backseat)

Sorry I am not more descriptive. My husband does the car stuff, I just tell him how I want it to look.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've had the ksports on since June. They ride great even at their lowest setting. Hard bumps, potholes, dips, you're going to feel them as you would with anything lowered. If you're running low profile tires, take in account that will cause the car to ride stiffer also. I have the struts set to the stiffest setting being as low as the car is. My only complaint is that the suspension doesn't go as low as I'd like. Yes I'm about the stance life. I know d2 and bc's go real low. And with bc you can get custom spring lengths and rates with revolved struts to match.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
I have K-sports. I went with them because we know the owner and he is local. I've had them installed for 3 months with zero issues.
just curious if you corner weighted the car after you installed the coilovers? Any oversteer now

1 - 20 of 24 Posts