Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at doing a quad retrofit with d2s morimotos minis but I was looking at other people and what they have done but no one has used the mini d2s. They all used the morimotos h1 or some other ones

my question is what ones are better for the sedans and why?

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
I am looking at doing a quad retrofit with d2s morimotos minis but I was looking at other people and what they have done but no one has used the mini d2s. They all used the morimotos h1 or some other ones

my question is what ones are better for the sedans and why?
Join hidplanet.com, tons of great info there. I've noticed in the short time I've bene a member there that the D2S are barely better than the H1 if at all and most people (myself included) quickly upgrade from the mini H1 to something else like the FX-R or an OEM projector.

·
lol wut
436 Posts
Well for starters the Mini H1 uses the threaded mounting system so for the lowbeam you just stick it through the bulb hole and lock it down with the provided hex locking ring. No need to hack up the stock reflector and custom mount them as you would have to do for the Mini D2S. For the high beam projector though, no matter which projector you use you will still need to hack it up and custom mount.

It's not just ease of installation but the Mini H1 has slightly better width and distance visibility versus the D2S. The D2S is known for intense foreground output which can hinder your long distance vision and is also not as wide. The only real upside to the Mini D2S is that you can run OEM bulbs and ballasts if that matters much to you. There have been talks about TRS releasing a newer updated version of the Mini D2S so maybe you might want to wait for it to come out and see how it stacks up against the Mini H1.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well for starters the Mini H1 uses the threaded mounting system so for the lowbeam you just stick it through the bulb hole and lock it down with the provided hex locking ring. No need to hack up the stock reflector and custom mount them as you would have to do for the Mini D2S.
This alone is the reason why I've decided to go with the mini H1. The fact that you can go back to stock at anytime is a great thing.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
This alone is the reason why I've decided to go with the mini H1. The fact that you can go back to stock at anytime is a great thing.
I'm not sure about you two, but the Mini H1 6.0 doesn't have a very long mounting shaft and I had to shave off a good portion of the 9006 mounting area. While it's possible to go back to stock for me since I kept the two low beam shields, I'd have to create a mounting system to hold in a 9006 bulb again.

·
lol wut
436 Posts
If you're doing quads it wouldn't matter much anyways because you need to hack up the high beam reflector bowl in order to mount the projector far back enough. In theory you can also use the threaded mounting system of the Mini H1 on the high beam area, but it would protude too far out and look extremely weird IMO.

I'm not sure about you two, but the Mini H1 6.0 doesn't have a very long mounting shaft and I had to shave off a good portion of the 9006 mounting area. While it's possible to go back to stock for me since I kept the two low beam shields, I'd have to create a mounting system to hold in a 9006 bulb again.
I have the Mini H1 3.0 and the only thing I had to do was cut off two little tabs on the back of the reflector bowl in order for the new bulb holder or lock ring (can't remember which one it was) to seat correctly. Didn't have to shave anything down otherwise. Used the smaller washer only and I had plenty of thread so no worries here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that I will go with the h1 quad and see how it works out if tbe high beam one is a pain in the ass I can always use them on my wifes car too

Think 5k all around would look good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts