Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us have experienced the buzz/rattle that can be heard in the upper-middle/right part of the dash near the defrost vents.

Today while riding in the passenger seat, I lowered the glove box so I could access the cabin air filter area (where you can see into the dash). I pinpointed the buzz to somewhere in the plastic air ducts.

I decided to remove the cabin air filter, and the volume of the buzz INCREASED dramatically. I put my ear up against the chamber that held the filter, and the buzz was definitely coming from inside. The buzz is occurring inside this duct work! From what I can tell, it originates in the ducts ABOVE the filter.

I was not able to find the exact source of the buzz and was not able to stop the buzz.

Maybe, one of the more technically inclined forum members can solve this mystery with this new info.

BTW has anyone had this issue resolved?

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
By chance does the buzzing noise get faster or louder when you increase the air flow for the air conditioning or heater. Just wondering if you're referring to the noise originating from the blower as you mentioned the glove box area. I myself was just getting ready to post that my Sedan has a buzzing noise that does get louder & faster when increasing the fan speed. I've only driven one other 9th gen & don't remember it being this loud. Mine is definitely a buzzing noise like a playing card in the spokes of a bicycle wheel :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts